“Top notch outfit”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I dove the Corsair wreck and Koko Craters in October 2013 with Reef Pirates. If you enjoy wreck dives, definitely put the Corsair on your list - it's in remarkable condition for being on the bottom of the ocean for over 60 years.

Reef Pirates was very responsive in booking the trip, got us out to the dive sites before the crowds of Waikiki arrived, and Sean and Capt Dan were both professional and great to dive with. Dive gear was new and included suunto dive computers. They also limit the boat to 6 divers and Sean was kind enough to take pictures of our dives and shared them with us free of charge afterwards. Top notch experience, highly recommend this outfit.

ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Aloha Ross,

Thank you for your review. We are fortunate that the Corsair is only a short boat ride from our marina. We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Waikiki.
mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana

There are newer reviews for Reef Pirates Diving

Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was my first dive from a boat as well as my first dive in sea water. I told Sean about this fact and he and his captain Dan were so nice, helpful and patient in every aspect of the trip. They made me feel safe and comfortable all the time. Although they acted very professional we also had a lot of fun.
In this vacation we also dove with a few other dive companies, so I can compare them to others pretty good. Especially the fact, that they take max. six persons on a trip (on a boat that could also take 12) is perfect. They don't offer you fancy eating or other stuff no one needs - but they have well maintained gear and you don't feel just like a paying customer but almost as a friend.

Aloha -
We are glad you enjoyed your dives with Reef Pirates Hawaii. We don't like to treat our divers as customers, rather we treat you as our guest.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

What a great dive company. I contacted Sean through the web site prior to flying half way round the world as I needed to know what I could leave behind to reduce my weight allowance by the airlines. Basically I could leave everything as his dive price was all inclusive and that includes the Suunto dive computers. I could have relied on his equipment as it was in good order and well looked after. The hospitality from the early morning pick up, through diving on the boat then the drop off back at the hotel was just brilliant. The early start means your up and out while the rest of the family sleeps, your at the dive sites before any other boat (and we were every time) and back in time (in Waikiki usually 10.30/45 at the latest) to have the rest of the day with the family. A well run pleasant dive company that know how to please. A maximum of six divers is just an ideal scenario with lots of banter that accompanies mixed divers with mixed abilities.
A Big Thank You to one and all.

Aloha Bill,
We include all gear in our price unlike many other shops on the island. We also include a dive guide; there are some shops on the island that charge more for that basic service.
We are glad you enjoyed your dives with us and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are on Oahu.

mahalo nui loa - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great service, picked up from our condo in Waikiki and driven to the dock, first day we dove there was just me and my buddy, no problem out we went, dove The Corsair and Turtle Beach, showed us great dives and took care of everything for us. Second day was landing craft and another reef also great dives, they specialize in small numbers and give personal service no problems with the gear all good stuff and will book again when we return to waikiki, thanks again.

Aloha Chris,
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with us and look forward to diving with you the next time you are in Waikiki.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fantastic dive company. They are what they advertise. They picked me up from my Waikiki accommodation at the time agreed. It was nice and early which was perfect for me as it gave me more time to do other tourist activities. They had their own boat at their own marina spot. There was four of us diving but as the other three were local and regulars, they did their own thing on the dive so it was just me and Sean. We went to two great locations and he pointed out all of the local sea life. Next time I am in the area, I will dive with this company again.

Aloha -
Thank you for your review. We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Honolulu.