“Felt safe and comfortable all the time”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was my first dive from a boat as well as my first dive in sea water. I told Sean about this fact and he and his captain Dan were so nice, helpful and patient in every aspect of the trip. They made me feel safe and comfortable all the time. Although they acted very professional we also had a lot of fun.
In this vacation we also dove with a few other dive companies, so I can compare them to others pretty good. Especially the fact, that they take max. six persons on a trip (on a boat that could also take 12) is perfect. They don't offer you fancy eating or other stuff no one needs - but they have well maintained gear and you don't feel just like a paying customer but almost as a friend.

ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Aloha -
We are glad you enjoyed your dives with Reef Pirates Hawaii. We don't like to treat our divers as customers, rather we treat you as our guest.
Mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

What a great dive company. I contacted Sean through the web site prior to flying half way round the world as I needed to know what I could leave behind to reduce my weight allowance by the airlines. Basically I could leave everything as his dive price was all inclusive and that includes the Suunto dive computers. I could have relied on his equipment as it was in good order and well looked after. The hospitality from the early morning pick up, through diving on the boat then the drop off back at the hotel was just brilliant. The early start means your up and out while the rest of the family sleeps, your at the dive sites before any other boat (and we were every time) and back in time (in Waikiki usually 10.30/45 at the latest) to have the rest of the day with the family. A well run pleasant dive company that know how to please. A maximum of six divers is just an ideal scenario with lots of banter that accompanies mixed divers with mixed abilities.
A Big Thank You to one and all.

Aloha Bill,
We include all gear in our price unlike many other shops on the island. We also include a dive guide; there are some shops on the island that charge more for that basic service.
We are glad you enjoyed your dives with us and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are on Oahu.

mahalo nui loa - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great service, picked up from our condo in Waikiki and driven to the dock, first day we dove there was just me and my buddy, no problem out we went, dove The Corsair and Turtle Beach, showed us great dives and took care of everything for us. Second day was landing craft and another reef also great dives, they specialize in small numbers and give personal service no problems with the gear all good stuff and will book again when we return to waikiki, thanks again.

Aloha Chris,
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with us and look forward to diving with you the next time you are in Waikiki.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fantastic dive company. They are what they advertise. They picked me up from my Waikiki accommodation at the time agreed. It was nice and early which was perfect for me as it gave me more time to do other tourist activities. They had their own boat at their own marina spot. There was four of us diving but as the other three were local and regulars, they did their own thing on the dive so it was just me and Sean. We went to two great locations and he pointed out all of the local sea life. Next time I am in the area, I will dive with this company again.

Aloha -
Thank you for your review. We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Honolulu.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Sean and the rest of the Reef Pirates team run an excellent company offering genuine service and a personal experience. Their philosophy of being the first on the water each day, having a max of 6 divers on the boat and knowing and caring about each dive sight is a benchmark in my book.

Now, it’s fair to say that there are bigger and newer boats around with big flashy stores but I’m interested in the quality of the diving, the quality of service, the knowledge and personality of the staff and the personal attention you get from being 1 of 6 on a boat (or 1 of 2 one day) not 1 of 25+ as some other’s offer. The hire gear was new enough and well maintained.

I was picked up from my hotel at 6am every day (the driver was either on time or early every day) and returned back after two dives by 10:30am-11am each day. This was perfect for diving as there was never another dive boat at our dive sites and perfect for my family I had basically a whole day left to spend with them after diving.

I have no hesitation in recommending Reef Pirates to anyone looking for a great dive experience.

Aloha Adam,
We are so glad you enjoyed your dives and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Honolulu.