“Great dive company”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great dive company”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fantastic dive company. They are what they advertise. They picked me up from my Waikiki accommodation at the time agreed. It was nice and early which was perfect for me as it gave me more time to do other tourist activities. They had their own boat at their own marina spot. There was four of us diving but as the other three were local and regulars, they did their own thing on the dive so it was just me and Sean. We went to two great locations and he pointed out all of the local sea life. Next time I am in the area, I will dive with this company again.

Visited October 2013
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this review, July 25, 2016
Aloha -
Thank you for your review. We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Honolulu.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding service and attitude”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Sean and the rest of the Reef Pirates team run an excellent company offering genuine service and a personal experience. Their philosophy of being the first on the water each day, having a max of 6 divers on the boat and knowing and caring about each dive sight is a benchmark in my book.

Now, it’s fair to say that there are bigger and newer boats around with big flashy stores but I’m interested in the quality of the diving, the quality of service, the knowledge and personality of the staff and the personal attention you get from being 1 of 6 on a boat (or 1 of 2 one day) not 1 of 25+ as some other’s offer. The hire gear was new enough and well maintained.

I was picked up from my hotel at 6am every day (the driver was either on time or early every day) and returned back after two dives by 10:30am-11am each day. This was perfect for diving as there was never another dive boat at our dive sites and perfect for my family I had basically a whole day left to spend with them after diving.

I have no hesitation in recommending Reef Pirates to anyone looking for a great dive experience.

Aloha Adam,
We are so glad you enjoyed your dives and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Honolulu.
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top quality diving with a top quality company.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my second time diving Oahu , the first time was with another company and I was not impressed with the way they ran things. So for the second time round I needed to find a much more safety conscious company with their own boat. With Reef Pirates Diving I found what I was looking for. The early starts made a huge difference, this , coupled with on time hotel pick ups meant that on some of the dives I was the only person on the wrecks and reefs, this was great to experience and very rare in a tourist area. Reef Pirates Diving are a very professional diving company, from setting up your equipment for you to giving you a very detailed dive brief every time , they made you feel safe on every dive. Every dive was worth the wait, and every dive site had something new to see, even if you go to the same dive site more than once. Safe, friendly and very professional , I would recommend these guys to anyone diving Oahu for the first time to get the most out of your stay to the Island.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marc T
Aloha Marc,

We appreciate your review and are glad you enjoyed your dives with us. We always put safety first; which helps our guests enjoy their dives more.
We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are on Oahu.
Houston
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A lot more than expected”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It is really a lot better than advertised, on time pickup, reef pirates owns their boat, in their own place at the marina. Only a few divers in the boat, really a divers trip. And Sean was always looking for the best spot for the next dive. As weather permitted, then we went down to visit the caves with the sharks and more. In other trip we went down to the airplane and we were able to take pictures in the cockpit. Excellent value for the money and additionally I got a very happy days. Thank you very much. I will be back.

Visited October 2013
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this review, July 24, 2016
Aloha Jose,
We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with Reef Pirates. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and safe diving. We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are on Oahu.

Mahalo -
the Reef Pirates Ohana
Davenport, Florida
“Andy H”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Wonderful company to work with, dove with turtles and sharks, fantastic!! Great guide and crew. Thank you a wonderful day.

Aloha Andy,

We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with us and look forward to your return to Oahu to do more diving.

Mahalo -