“Highly recommended”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My experience with them was awesome. Everyone I encountered was friendly, helpful, and easy-going.

The best part is that they only limit max 6 divers and they have their own boat. I really enjoyed my dives in such relaxed environment. I will definitely try them again on my next visit - will never go back to other packed dive boat!

Visited May 2013
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this review, July 12, 2016
Aloha -

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your crowds free dives with us! We are only 1 of 5 shops on the island that own their own boat which means we get to control the quality of our service and hold it to the highest standard.

We look forward to diving with you again the next time you are on Oahu.

Mahalo -
the Reef Pirates Ohana

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Want to dive Oahu? Reef Pirates would be our only connection!!!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I are from Clearwater Florida and we are diving Oahu for the first time. Will and his crew were fabulous. Very personable and very knowledgeble of the dive sights around the Island and culture. Only 6 divers on the boat ONLY. So they can give you the best expierence! Made you feel at home. For the residents, join their dive club. We will be visiting Oahu more frequent and will only use Reef Pirates. Come relax and enjoy the DIVE!!!!

Visited May 2013
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this review, July 9, 2016
Aloha Len -
Thank you for your review! We hope you will come back and dive with us again the next time you are in Waikiki.

Denver, Colorado
“Great establishment!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our experience with Reef Pirates started a bit rough, but turned out to be awesome. The day of our excursion the weather apparently was bad at the dive site and we couldn't dive that day. More unfortunately, some forgot to call us and let us know, but people make mistakes, right? Once we talked to them when we weren't picked up at our scheduled time, they apologized profusely and scheduled us for another day. They more than made up for it with a significantly discounted price and gave us our own private charter. I also had some issues with paperwork for my PADI certification because of my referring dive shop (who are pretty much incompetent...ugh), but the instructor worked with me and the referring dive shop so that I was able to complete my certification. And probably most importantly, the diving was a ton of fun and the people that work there are a blast. Will definitely go back to them if I visit Honolulu again.

Visited April 2013
Aloha -
Thank you for your review! We are glad we were able to make up for our error in miscommunication.
We hope you will come back and dive with us again the next time you are in Honolulu.

Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended -- you can't go wrong with Reef Pirates!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thank you again, Sean, Will, Lori, Zack, and Kathy. It was an amazing experience.

My wife and I spent seven days on Oahu, three of which were devoted to diving. We did every dive with Reef Pirates. The max capacity on their boat is six divers, so you never feel like a number...definitely, we got the personal attention that made us feel safe and cared for. The dives were beautiful (TURTLES!) and the overall experience was better that we could have asked for.

Visited March 2013
Aloha Tony -

Summerside, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top notch!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is the best place to dive and get your certificate. My son 16 and I did our last part of our open water session at Reef Pirates and were treated perfectly. Wil was our instructor for two days and the captains excuse me but I forgot their names were very helpful as well. I want to commend Wil for helping us get our certificate. He was tough and I liked that because he wants us to be the best just like him. Thank you to you all. Sean, we never met but thank you for giving us Wil to do our open water session.

Visited March 2013
Aloha Marie -

Thank you for your review! We hope you will come back and dive with us again the next time you are on Oahu.