“Great refresher”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Canberra, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great refresher”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had a great couple of refresher dives with Reef Pirates. laurie (divemaster) and Zac (skipper) were both very friendly and chatty and made us feel comfortable and safe. I was feeling well and truly rusty after 10 years out of water, but by the second dive I felt great and am looking forward to getting back in the water again soon!

Visited March 2013
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this review, July 9, 2016
Aloha -
Thank you for your review! We hope you will come back and dive with us again the next time you are in Honolulu.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Came back again!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was certified by Sean the owner of Reef Pirates 2 years ago which was outstanding. Went diving yesterday with Laurie as our in the water instructor. Another great 2 tank dive experiance. When they talk about personalized service they really mean it. I have been on dive boats with up to 12 people and you spend more time on the boat listening to lessons for beginners than you do in the water.

Highly recommend this for a great dive adventure!

Visited March 2013
Aloha -
Thank you for your review! We hope you will come back and dive with us again the next time you are in Waikiki.

Townsville, Australia
“AMAZING TRIP!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Zac and Lori (sp?) were awesome and had a great time chatting and diving with them. Was great to have such a small group, made the experience alot better and more personal. Is also fairly inexpensive compared to many other dive companies I have gone with. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area :)

Visited February 2013
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this review, June 7, 2016
aloha Angelique,

Thank you for your review! We hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are on Oahu.

mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I live in the midwest and are working on our PADI certification. Since it's the middle of winter here we decided we would try to knock out a couple open water certification dives while we were on a cruise in Hawaii. I knew logistically we were time-constrained, but I contacted Reef Pirates and Sean worked with us via email and we were able to schedule two dives. We did our dives about a week ago and I can honestly say that I've never had a more positive diving/snorkeling experience. It was our first time diving in Hawaii, and needless to say, the conditions in an ocean are extremely different than in a pool and the Pacific is much different than the Caribbean (the only other place we've done extensive diving/snorkeling).

When we arrived at Ko Ko Marina, Sean briefed us on the equipment and got us geared up. He then explained what to expect during the dives since these would be certification dives. We then headed out to the dive site. I got pretty anxious about the first dive (big waves, my first dive off a boat, etc), but I never felt rushed and Sean did a great job of talking me "off the ledge" when I got a little too anxious. Finally we were in the water and enjoying a great dive! We headed down to a sandy area about 30' below and worked on the skills we needed to cover. Once we completed our skills we were able to swim around and enjoy the scenery. Sean pointed out a sea turtle as well as some other fish. We eventually headed for the surface to prepare for our second dive. Again, I got a little apprehensive when it came to "falling" off the boat, but Sean told me to take my time and when I was ready he'd be waiting for us at the mooring. Our captain, Kathleen, was also great in talking me through it. I eventually made it off the boat and we had a great second dive.

Since diving is relatively new to us, and we are no spring chickens (44 & 50 years old), we really appreciated the fact that everyone (Sean, Patchez, Kathleen) was very patient with us and allowed us to get comfortable with the whole process. Sean also provided invaluable feedback on our diving skills (what to work on vs. what we did well), equipment recommendations, etc. His experience and passion for diving are evident and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and Reef Pirates. We are hoping some day we can return to Hawaii once we are certified and do some more diving with Sean and his crew.

Visited January 2013
Aloha Sheri,

thank you for your review. We appreciate your visit and hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are in Waikiki.
mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana
Houston, Texas
“Great Dives & Very Professional”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We dove with the Reef Pirates Crew in January 2013. Booking was easy, Sean explained all the details and made me comfortable with deciding to dive with Reef Pirates. On the day of the dive the crew was awesome, Our Captain Zack and our Dive Masters Laurie and Will were very professional and handled all the details pertaining to our dives. They were knowledgeable about each site we dove, and made it very easy for us to enjoy. We will definitely dive with Reef Pirates again. A big Mahalo to the crew... see ya next time!

Visited January 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for your review. We hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are on Oahu.