“Great Dives & Very Professional”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We dove with the Reef Pirates Crew in January 2013. Booking was easy, Sean explained all the details and made me comfortable with deciding to dive with Reef Pirates. On the day of the dive the crew was awesome, Our Captain Zack and our Dive Masters Laurie and Will were very professional and handled all the details pertaining to our dives. They were knowledgeable about each site we dove, and made it very easy for us to enjoy. We will definitely dive with Reef Pirates again. A big Mahalo to the crew... see ya next time!

ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Aloha,

Thank you for your review. We hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are on Oahu.

Mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or go back ourselves. Everyone was friendly, helpful, fun. The dive site was nice and close to Honolulu. Picked us up from the cruise ship terminal at Aloha Towers right on time, and dropped us off at Dukes for a great lunch.
The boat was small and there are no bathrooms on board - but the group was small and there is a bathroom located at the pier :) They had water and free snacks available, with a restaurant at the pier as well.

Aloha and thank you for your recommendation and review.

We are happy you enjoyed your dives with us and invite you to dive with us again the next time you are in Waikiki.

mahalo nui loa - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I also researched numerous dive companies and
chose Reef Pirates for their small dive group size,
great reviews and prompt friendly and informative email responses
from Sean the owner.
They live up to everything they say on their website.

I was a newly certified diver and doing my first real world dives on Oahu.
We were in HI on vacation in May 2012 and I had several days to dive and
did 9 dives on 3 different days going to 6 different dive sites with RP.

Will and Krystal as DMs and Laurie DM in training
were all great, highly experienced and knew the dive sites very well.
They were very safety conscious but still adventurous and
took great care of me as the newbie!!!

We always saw lots of marine life.
Every dive we saw 1-10 turtles, some sleeping, some swimming.
Also saw an octopus, eels, sea urchins and shells, coral and more fish than I can list.
And 1 white tip shark at the landing craft site.
There were only 1 or 2 other client divers besides me on all the dives so
there wasn't a large group scaring the marine life away!

The boat captains Chase and Zack were also highly experienced boat/ship captains and
really demonstrated knowing how to read the water, waves and weather.

They were prompt at picking me up and dropping me off at my hotel which is a really nice.
One of the other clients I dove with one day was a retired DM/Instructor himself and
complemented everyone on their professionalism and the great time he had.
Everyone worked together very well and they all make a great team.

Overall I highly recommend Reef Pirates for new or experienced divers
if your looking for a dive shop on Oahu.

Bill from Littleton, Co.

1  Thank LittletonCoBillb

Aloha Bill,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your dives on Oahu and hope you will come dive with us again the next time you are in Hawaii.

Mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed November 27, 2012

After researching what must have been dozens of dive companies on Oahu, I decided to go with Reef Pirates because of their small group sizes, great reviews, & many different dive sites. I had completed the open water course (skills & pool) in New Orleans about 4 months prior to my trip, so I was a little nervous about getting in the ocean for the first time.
Will was my instructor, and I couldn't have asked for a more patient and thorough guide. The water was very choppy my first day, and on my first dive, I got in the water, but wasn't able to get my breathing under control and make it down. Will stayed with me at the surface for quite some time, talking me through it, being very patient, while the other divers & DiveMaster Laurie went down. I finally had to get back on the boat, because I couldn't get control of my breathing. Will explained that once I could get under the water a few feet, it would be so much calmer, and I would be fine.
The next dive I got in & still had to spend a few minutes at the surface before I felt confident enough to go down. Will stayed with me the whole time, making sure I was comfortable & going through the skills with me.
After that first dive, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get through it & finish my certification, & had it not been for Will, I'm not sure that I would have.
I came back the next day, and with Will's help, I can now say I am a Certified Diver!!!

My friend Jenny & I even ended up coming back for a third day and doing our first wreck dive to 90 feet! I had expressed to Sean, the owner, that I was a bit worried about my air consumption, especially since we would be going down that far, but I really wanted to do my first deep water dive while in Hawaii. He assured me that I would do fine.
Imagine my surprise when we arrive that morning to find Sean will be diving with us! How many companies do you know of that will take the time out like this to make sure their clients have a great experience?!?

This company is the real deal. The whole team is very down-to-Earth, professional, fun, and if you're looking to have a great dive experience on Oahu, they will make it happen. Anybody with a boat can take you to a few of the many beautiful dive spots around the island, but what makes the experience truly special are the people.

Thank you Sean, Will, Zach, & Laurie. I can't wait to dive with you all again soon!

Sam from Nola

Aloha -

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your dives with us and hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are in Honolulu.
mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just spent a week in O'ahu for first time and dove with the Reef Pirates 3 days during my trip. They were funny and professional while taking my friend Samantha and I on our underwater adventures. It was our first time diving in the ocean and these guys made us feel safe and comfortable. Different sites every day building up to our first deep dive to find white tip sharks. Will only dive with Reef Pirates when I am in O'ahu :)

Aloha Jenny,

Thank you for your 5 Bubble Review! We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with us and hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are in Waikiki.

mahalo nui loa -