“The Trump International in Waikiki serves the Trump brand very well...it is AMAZING!”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My fiance and I recently returned from another trip to Oahu and we stayed part of our time in Waikiki at the Trump Hotel. I've stayed at many nice hotels in my travels and this one was as nice as any of them. The hotel, lobby, restaurants, staff, the room, the bedding were all amazing. We also ate dinner at BLT Steakhouse Waikiki which is located on the ground floor of the Trump and it was very good (I wrote a separate review for that). One small caveat to staying at the Trump is that you are not right on the beach. You are, however, a short 2 min walk down the beach path to the beach. It is still a great location but some rooms are afforded a better view than others. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to my family and friends. If you are looking for a top notch hotel in Waikiki, give the Trump International a serious look.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MNVikings2011
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Aloha MNVikings2011. Wow, thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that a seasoned luxury traveler like you considers our hotel to be amazing. We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your room, the beds, and our restaurants. Thanks for recommending us to your family and friends. We hope to see all of you in Waikiki someday soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The standout feature of the Trump Waikiki is the topnotch, warm service that every member of the staff exudes. The hotel is off the beaten path but that puts you away from much of the Waikiki craziness. Our room was very clean, quiet, and functionally appointed. The spa amenities are high quality and have excellent subtle fragrances. One drawback regarding the bathroom was a very narrow glass barrier that allowed scattered water to spray over the toilet and floor. Not well designed. We did not the chance to partake in any of the hotel's other amenities but it is a comfortable location

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank mingfatsai
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Aloha and thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. We are so pleased to hear that you received wonderful customer service and that you enjoyed the amenities and were comfortable in your room. We appreciate you pointing out the undesired spray from your shower and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. Your feedback allows us to review the situation and work to improve it for you and other guests in the future. Thank you!
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

When asked in a bar in Waikiki if this was my first time here, I thought of Hawaii Five 0. I may be off by one or two either way, but this was around my fiftieth time. Which brings me to the first time at the Trump International having wanted to stay here the last couple of trips in. What can I say, from the hotels I have stayed at, the Trump simply was as advertised and exactly as I had hoped for.
We arrived early evening to be greeting with leis and quickly on our way to reception 6 floors up. The check in was swift, polished and professional. For a seven night stay and a NEW member of the Trump card, we were offered an upgrade which set the tone; originally a city without balcony reservation became a balcony and oh what a treat for seven days and nights. Just a note for budget conscious travellers; there is a $100 per day hold on your credit card for incidentals... My preference is better disclosure at time of reservation. But, at least it was disclosed at check in and naturally I expected it but something hotels have a long way to go yet what they are swiping your card for...
Back to the good stuff! Yes, the rating as having the best Mai Tai in Honolulu (or is it Hawaii) is probably on the mark. It was excellent and our first drink that night, along with fantastic appies in the lounge.
The room was excellently laid out and beautifully appointed. Although we only did toast and coffee in the morning, the kitchen was fully stocked, top name appliances and all the flatware, plates and tools you need.
Loved the bathroom and the open shower! Reminded me where I was every morning.
Ate at BLT twice and once on the pool lounge during the Super Bowl. My only dislike was the less than perfect execution for setting up a Super Bowl viewing. The bar TV was locked on closed caption so we had to see the visual translation which was annoying and I'm not sure what drink specials were available (as advertised to all the rooms on a turn down sheet the night before) but none were offered. It was OK but honestly, since we're not there with anyone, and having to work the unknown of getting into a bar, we left at halftime and watched the second half from the room over drinks and the balcony door open. I'm not sure why the TV set up could not be in the lobby lounge instead.
Departure was again excellent and efficient. No complaints from me, rather accolades and compliments.
We will both return to TRUMP on our next visit.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Aloha David T. Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that we lived up to your expectations, especially after you have traveled to Waikiki nearly 50 times in your life!I We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room and our restaurants and that you indulged in our World's Best Mai Tai. Thank you for bringing to our attention the experience you had with the Super Bowl viewing. Your feedback allows us to review and improve our processes and will make future experiences better for you and other guests. We appreciate your praises and look forward to your next visit to our hotel!
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel!! The rooms are so clean (ours was cleaned twice per day, and had our towels changed twice per day!!).The bathrooms are done all in marble and are so pretty. The beds are super comfy, with large, fluffy pillows, and warm duvets. Food is great, I recommend the ceaser salad with eggplant croutons, so yummy. The staff are friendly, everyone you pass says hello and smiles, excellent concierge, so helpful. The hotel is very well maintained, and so clean!! They upgraded our room for free and there were cookies and other treats waiting for us in the room which was such a nice surprise. Although the hotel is not right on the beach its only a short walk across a street to get there and staff give you beach bags with towels, sunscreen, water, and fruit to take with you each day. Small kitchenette to cook your own food (if you choose), good sized balcony for sitting outside at night, just a really amazing hotel. The only downside is that after staying here all other places seem kinda crappy in comparison. Love this place and I cannot wait to go back someday. <3

Room Tip: Try to a room on a higher floor, the view of the ocean and the city all lit up at night are beautifu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ArkyR
Aloha ArkyR. Thank you for sharing your detailed review about your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your vacation and found us to be the best hotel you've ever stayed at. Our staff is so appreciative of your kind words and recognition of their friendly and helpful service. We are also glad to learn that you loved your room, the restaurant, and location of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit to Waikiki. Mahalo!
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for my girlfriends birthday to watch the fireworks. I booked a deluxe city view room. To my surprise they upgraded us to an Ocean View deluxe so we could watch the fireworks from out lanai. Infinity pool was great but kind of small. Valet was great but there is a charge. Staff was really friendly. Bathroom was amazing! I always book a hotel by the bathroom and this was the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha Louie Andrew G. Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us. It is our goal to help make celebrations, like your girlfriend's birthday, special and memorable for our guests. We are happy to hear that you had a five star experience with your room and our staff's customer service. Your compliments about our luxurious bathrooms being the best are also very much appreciated. We hope to see you again for future celebrations!
Reading, Pa
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Trump at Waikiki Beach is a lovely hotel. Everything we experienced was terrific. We had a late flight and they kindly let us keep our room until 6:00 so we didn't need to waste our day at the airport. The location was great for shopping or the beach and the buffet breakfast was great. Also free wifi which is how all hotels should be!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twinponds
Aloha Twinponds. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. We are flattered to hear that everything about our hotel created a terrific vacation experience. It's also great to learn that you appreciated the free Wifi - it is our pleasure to provide this to our guests at no charge. We hope your travels bring you back to Waikiki again soon!
Riverton
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I brought my elderly Mother to Trump Waikiki last March, when they had decent promotion. It was incredible experience of comfort, luxury and freedom from all concerns. And two old ladies are not easy to satisfy, believe me! We were cooking for ourselves due to digestive problems, and kitchen was adequately equipped for a week of home-cooking. Grocery stores (not ABC!!!) were a bit far: we used Food Pantry and Walmart. My mother does not trust anybody to purchase our groceries, so we had a bit of gorgeous walking, istead of ordering it through the concierge. Beach, closest to the hotel, is not very good and bottom of the Ocean is a bit rocky, but a very short distance towards Royal Hawaiian, beach is becoming really nice. Our plane was departing really late in the evening, so we were offered complimentary Hospitality Suite for half a day. Hotel employees quickly noticed our problem with bad memories and helped us navigate through guided tours and other appointments, though they didn't have to. Just a nice touch to come up, check my booking papers, verify that I was wrong about the date of our tour, while we were waiting for a bus at the drive-through area. And we didn't even ask for help, at least not yet. Thanks, guys and gals for looking after old ladies! Anyway, my mother is extremely spoiled now: she will not go to any other place, but back to the Waikiki Trump, even if we have to wait a little longer and match the budget. Thanks a lot, people of Trump Hotel!

Room Tip: I wood say Fort De Russy side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sy P
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Aloha Sy P. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review of your stay with us last March. Our staff appreciates your praises and is honored to hear that your mother refuses to stay anywhere but Trump Waikiki! It is our pleasure to ensure that all of the details of your vacation are attended to and that you feel well taken care of. It is great to learn that you were comfortable in your room and were able to utilize the fully stocked kitchen for your special dietary needs. We look forward to welcoming both of you back to the hotel again for another memorable stay!