“Service, service, service! Aloha!”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed at many fine hotels, but I think this one tops them all for customer service. At many higher-end establishments, there is a bit of an attitude, bu here, everyine seemed genuinely friendly and eager to help and make us feel welcome. The concierges were top-notch (concierge service starts before you arrive, with a welcoming email/attachments with pages of restaurant and activity recommendations, and prompt and personal answers to any questions you might have). Leis upon arrival, beach bags for loan every am, filled with towels, water, fresh fruit, suntan lotion. Very well appointed rooms and excellent, twice daily housekeeping service (especially nice knowing you can come back sandy after a day at the beach, take a shower before dinner, and come back later that eveving and find the room freshly made up again for you!)

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank GoldenLover63

Reviewed December 21, 2012

SUMMARY: Stayed in a 2-bedroom Ocean View Trump Floor Suite, then a 3-bedroom Ocean Front Suite. This being my third year in a row staying at the Trump Waikiki during the December holiday season, I can say they have upheld their quality of service which reflects their top position on Trip Advisor for hotels on Oahu.

NEGATIVE: Not a big one, but you can see the wear of the carpets in the rooms. When I first stayed here, they were a bit more lush and brighter.

POSITIVE: The welcome/bell service/check-in were impressive as always with lei's and infused water and hand towels. Welcome back cards in the kitchen in both suites -- one with a complimentary birthday dessert and the other with complimentary champagne for an anniversay celebration. The two-bedroom suites are not ocean front, but still a very good view. The 3-bedroom suite have the true ocean front and are breathtaking -- sunset from the room is absolutely beautiful (see picture). The Trump Floor is naturally on the top floors of the hotel and do have a richer decor -- ours came with a whole slew of island snacks, fruit baskets, and stocked fridge of freshly squeezed oj, canned drinks, and bottled water.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kakuhisa
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My review ever! I always thought if I typed a review it would be to warn people about a bad experience but the Trump Waikiki impressed me so much, that my first review is to compliment the awesome staff at Trump. We traveled with our two daughters (7&9) and they loved the one bedroom suite with ocean view. We returned every night to find there separate pull out beds completely made with there favorite bears already tucked in and a remote control beside them, a bottle of Hawaiin artisan water at there bedside. Complimentary beach bags, boogie boards etc are handed to you with a smile every day as you head out to the beach (just across the street). Room service delivered delicious hot meals literally within ten minutes and I still don't know how they can do that!? The infinity pool is certainly not a resort style pool but our girls still loved it, and we enjoyed the hot tub on a rare cool rainy day. They offer you kindles, IPods etc. with the pool side service (another extra nice touch). I recommend the ocean view room, beautiful views and front row seats to the Friday night fireworks show from your balcony. To summarize, you will find the Trump to be more expensive than nearby hotels, but worth every penny.

Tyler C.

1  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went to the Trump Waikiki for our honeymoon and while it is a great hotel there just seemed to be something lacking if you are there for romance. This seems to be a better hotel for business travel.

The staff is extremely friendly and everyone is helpful with giving you recommendations of places to go and where to eat. We were greated with leis when we arrived and there were Honolulu cookies in our room when we arrived.

Our room was nice and spacious with a fully stocked mini kitchenette, which we didnt use much but I can see it being a nice option if you are with family and looking to save. My only complaint would be that there is NO real counter space in the bathroom to put your necessities.

Housekeeping is OK. They did the basic - make the bed, put new towels - but I dont feel like they vacuumed and wiped everything down on a regular basis. I'm an extremely neat person and I noticed this,

We didnt eat much at the hotel as there are so many great restaurants on the island. They were however helpful in making reservations for us. I would recommend Azure and Roys which are all walking distance from the hotel and the food is amazing. For breakfast we ate at the hotel once and it was over prices and not that great. We ended up walking up the block each morning to Eggs n Things and while there is a wait if you dont get there early, the food is great and inexpensive.

The pool was disappointing as it was small and on most days it didnt catch the sun until later in the afternoon. They were also doing maintainence work on the floors above so sections of the pool were closed off each day. The beach is walking distance right across the street and it is really nice that the hotel provides a beach bag with towels, sunscreen, water, and fruit.

Overall I felt that this was lacking the 'romance' factor that I was expecting to feel at the hotel. We did Maui after this and you could feel the difference. I wanted to give this hotel a better review as I chose this hotel based on the other reviews, but for me it didnt quite cut it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The previous reviews summarise nicely the hotel. Very clean. Very efficient. Location is great. The beach bag idea is fantastic. Means you don't have to worry about it yourself. It is right that the pool is small and hard to find a chair so if you have kids that want to get rid of energy at a resort style, this won't suit. We have 3 young kids but found going to the beach and then the pool in the afternoon worked well.
Overall a great hotel for a great stay.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Trump had awesome service, very friendly staff and is in an great location. i would recommend this hotel if you are honeymooning or wanting to go for more of an upperclass experience in Hawaii. We were greeted with a lei and honolulu cookies our bags were taken straight off us and the staff were always willing to help. the pool is amazing, very clean with a lovely view. We were also presents with a $50 food voucher which we could use at the hotel the food was delicious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GenevieveFordham
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have travelled extensively with our 2 children (who are now both young adults) and this hotel is up there with the very best in the world. We searched extensively for a hotel that could comfortably accommodate our family of 4 and nearly all hotels offered us their only option of 2 x hotel rooms. This is both a very expensive option and i wanted to spend time with my family. I wanted all of us to be together but a room big enough that gave us some space. Thankfully, I found the Trump and booked an Oceanview 1 bedroom +den. On arrival we were warmly greeted and made to feel at home. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom Oceanview room and all I can say is that this place is stunning. The room is spectacular, the staff are very friendly, earnest to help but not intrusive and they try to accommodate every need. We are only part way through our stay ( still have a few more days left) and I can confidently say that I would not stay anywhere else. 13 years ago we stayed in a very popular, well renowned beach front hotel and disliked the experience so much I vowed I would never return to Hawaii, fortunately, I changed my mind. Ok,the beach is across the road but it took all of 2 minutes to find a fabulous spot on the beach. The pool here is not big and is not as fancy as some of the other hotels but it is still perfectly fine. The staff are absolutely incredible and go out of their way to help you. The location is brilliant if you want to go shopping, go to the beach or catch a local bus to anywhere. Most people rave about this place and now I know why. This is recommended for couples, business etc but I would also recommend this for families as well - it is the perfect option for families, and I will recommend it to everyone I know. We walked to the beach today and the Concierge desk handed us a gorgeous bag with beach towels, water, sunscreen and fresh fruit; whoever thought of that idea is a real gem, well done! We were asked to give a time for the room to be serviced in the morning and in the evening and they have honoured that. At many other hotels you just never know when they will service your room each day stay. Don't stay anywhere else if you want a quality experience.

3  Thank 12coco