Wow. Exceptional service. I will be a returning guest, likely every time I come to Honolulu. You will not regret staying here.
1. Friendly. Everyone greeted us, the front desk remembered us...one gal in particular, Julia, was so sweet to our baby boy. She always greeted us with a smile and warm words.
2. EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE (this should be #1). My husband left his backpack in the cab as we were dropped off at the airport returning to California. Of course I noticed about 5 minutes after the cab had left that the backpack was missing. Luckily we had the cab driver's name...one would think that United Taxi would be able to locate its own cab driver. Nope. Apparently not. Unbelievable. I told my husband to play his wild card and call the Trump. He did. Troy answered the phone. My husband told him what happened, the cab driver's name, & Troy said "oh yeah, I think I know who that is". Again, WOW. Troy got a hold of him, called us back and told us he would be returning to our terminal with our backpack. Now that, people, is SERVICE. Troy could easily have said "I'm sorry, we can't help you"...which most (even the taxi company itself) would do...but that extra step, that extra bit is what sets this hotel apart from others.
3. Hotel itself is immaculate. You can read about the beach bags they hand out, the restaurant(s) service & food (all wonderful), but our room was clean every day even with a 1 year old baby boy running around.
It may not be the cheapest hotel around, but it's actually priced VERY well for what you get. I was very, very pleased. If you have kids, I would suggest going for the 1 BR suite...you have extra room, a washer/dryer, and a full kitchen...all very useful.
It's not on the beach, but it's a short walk back and forth.
Had the Signature massage...I wish I remembered the masseuse's name...she is Japanese, her name starts with a "K"..sorry, not very helpful. I normally NEVER go to hotel spas...I feel like you spend a lot of money and get a very fair massage. This gal did not disappoint. My husband booked it as a surprise for me, and I rate it a 5. Front desk gal was not very friendly, but the massage itself was fantastic. For $250, it better be!
Eggs n Things is a few blocks up from the hotel, very yummy breakfasts. Doraku Sushi in the mall close by also very good...happy hour was really good, and a very good deal. Nico's on Pier 38...try it!
You will not regret staying here. I'd highly, highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki has been rated the #1 TripAdvisor Waikiki hotel since October 2010 and is the first and only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Hotel on the island of Oahu. As part of the Waikiki Beach Walk development offering vibrant entertainment, exclusive boutiques and world-class restaurants, it is one of the premier luxury hotels in Waikiki, Hawaii. Add the simple fact that Waikiki's famous white sand beaches are just steps away, it becomes the perfect respite for your next Hawaiian getaway. Trump Waikiki offers all of the exceptional amenities and superior services of the Trump Hotels to help guests live the life Hawaiian style. A 6th-floor infinity pool with an expansive lanai deck, world-class indoor and al fresco dining, The Spa at Trump® and signature services of Trump Attache - only the best will do at our luxury hotel. This is paradise, after all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu