“Got what I expected, nothing more here.”

Plumeria Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Plumeria Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kahala Avenue
Description: On the edge of the white sands of Kahala, the oceanside Plumeria Beach House is our open-air, all day dining restaurant. Reminiscent of a comfortable island home, with indoor and outdoor terraces, Plumeria Beach House is an ideal choice for casual dining, quiet meetings and cocktails at sunset.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Ok so sure I can't mess with the location. That is what I'm paying for and I know it. That is why it gets 4 stars. Food was on par, but not blowing my mind. We showed up for a late lunch and checked in with the hostess. She said she would let us know when our table would be ready. I've got about this <> much patience when I show up at a restaurant and the wait started to drag. So I returned to the hostess stand and asked her how long she thought it might be.... 15 minutes, she said. Oh really? So, you just want me to stand here? Note to Manager reading this: me standing their = time I could be spending, well spending CASH. I asked her if the bar was available. Oh yeah sure no prob, she says. The job of a hostess is to be a communicator but this is a low paid position with high turnover and it is an entry level position in the service industry, so won't let it bother me to much. Long story short, she should have said, "and you are welcome to sit at our beautiful bar and have a drink while your table is prepared". So when I realized that this pawn was out of my way I headed right to the bar. Nice view with Wailua Wheat, Stella Artois, and Longboard on tap. All seats were vacant with two attentive tenders ready to assist. Excellent service. Ordered their Calamari with Manchego cheese and Calamansi lime and a Wailua Wheat and my friend had a virgin Bloody Mary. Quick and easy and pretty straight forward presentation of Calamari. Just what I was looking for. Views are outstanding. This place is popular with Japanese and their was some sort of wedding party going on and a whole table of monks. No joke. Fun people watching here. It was busy and popular with a scattering of business lunchers and holiday travelers. You can go Japanese and order Maguro Natto Donburi, or Wakana Zaru Soba or stick to the more americanized pacific rim fare. Kahala Burger, Hot Roast Beef Sandwhich, Ceasar salad. The usual suspects are here mixed in nicely with others. They also have "hand crafted" ( < tired of this descriptor btw) pizzas. I opted to try two appetizers as my entree and went with the house made Blue Crab Pot Stickers with Orange Ponzu sauce. They were excellent. For $8, nice bang for my buck. Moved onto the Spicy Ahi Summer Roll next with avocado, green papaya salad and chili dipping sauce. Just $9 and it made it into a nice meal for me with the calamari. My friend had the Maui Onion Soup (you sure those are Maui Onions, would never know the difference unless I lived in Makawao.) Anyways it was excellent. I ended with a Chip Shot and we finished with their trio of Mango/Lilikoi/Guava sorbet. Justin was our server and he was professional and knowledgable about the menu. Good job. Also, I will note they smoothly transferred us from the bar to our table with a view. They've got a notable bird problem here. This isn't Saint Marks square, don't feed them. I would come back and give it another try, maybe for dinner. But the afternoon breeze was great and I enjoyed this. We went next door and checked out their captive dolphins afterwords and this was a little tough as I had just watched Blackfish a couple weeks before. If they don't add a few twists here it will sort of fall by the wayside. It feels a little locked in the 90's. But overall I was satisfied.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating, with good views of the ocean and the lawn on which Japanese tourists seem to be regularly staging wedding ceremonies. The setting is its strong point, as the food is pretty average and very fully priced. If there is a breeze, all is well but for one luncheon we had the air was fairly still and we were troubled by flies, which detracted from the experience to say the least.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

What more can I say...view, service, and great food. The prices were very reasonable, and in line with what you'd pay down on the Waikiki strip...but so much more mellow and classy. To dine here during sunset is the sort of experience you will not soon forget. Recommend this for a special treat, and wonderful couple venue...

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Service and buffet breakfast (that came with our room)couldn't have been better. There was nothing to dislike!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The last time we had the weekend seafood buffet, it was great. This time, it was pretty bad. The food was luke warm, salads were limp, the presentation was sloppy and messy and the service was terrible. We had to ask for more water each time our glass was empty, waiters didn't remove plates as needed (we actually had to set the dirty dishes on the next table to make room for our next course dishes), we had to wait more than 10 minutes for clean napkins after eating the greasy crab, the warm bread pudding (that used to be delicious) was flavorless and cool, and the wait staff seemed bored and lazy. Certainly a major disappointment and a waste of money!