“A Luau on a Rooftop...”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Luau on a Rooftop...”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There is just something wrong with a luau on the rooftop of convention and visitors center... The luau's at Paradise Cove and the Polynesian Cultural Center are much more enjoyable and provide a real luau ambiance with sand between your toes. Avoid this unless you have no other choice.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Jim R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“An enjoyable evening”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I must admit upon reading some reviews on here I am not sure we are talking about the same Luau.

While I do agree the price was quite hefty compared to some other shows we have been to, my family had a great time.

I liked the location on the roof of one of the Hilton's buildings and next to their function rooms. The performers were all talented and friendly. Before the show there was an opportunity to learn how to use some balls, loop a ring around a pineapple, play some instruments and get temporary tattoos. My children loved all of these.

The show itself was energetic and entertaining. The MC was really good and fun.

We enjoyed the food which was fresh and tasty. I also liked that they had a separate buffet just for the kids.
My only complaint was the show was quite short. I have been to other Luau's in Oahu and we chose this one because of the convenient location and the earlier finishing time for the kids.

1 Thank PurpleOneSyd
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“7:00 am”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It was the worst Luau that we ever went to. It was so overpriced for what they gave us. It was held on a roof top over the parking garage, which meant that we. Had to walk in a line after meeting on the grass across the street up 2very high escalators then down a long hallway only that when we came out it was on top of the roof. The food was horrible, there was no PIG only dried up pork strings. The food was horrible, any time you go to a buffet people always go. Up a second time, no one ever got up to get a second helping. Non alcoholic drinks for the children were 11:50 each after they drank there fruit drink quota of two drink tickets costing $122.00 plus tax.. There was one game for the children and that was get the ring around the pineapple. There were 2 great big intimidating steroid men painting TATOOS with a sharpie, which no one even went up to. The MC couldn't sing at all, must get singing lessons. The women which were 6 weren't that bad but not good then there were 6 men 2 were sooo big and heavy that they couldn't even keep up with the music. they were sooo big that they overpowered the stage..please don't go to this SO CALLED LUAU.

2 Thank Rose Marie P
Hammond, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Rooftop Luau”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I like the fact that you don't have to sit in the sand, you sit at a table with chairs. The show was excellent. We even seen it from our hotel room.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Josephine G
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice Rooftop Luau and Some Good Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was a nice performance and some good food on the rooftop of the Hilton Convention Center. One of the things I didn't care for was the construction going on at the convention center and we had to walk down a floor quite a ways to get to the bathroom. Also, the drinks are limited to 2 a person.

1 Thank truballer