“Free if u do timeshare”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Free if u do timeshare”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We did the timeshare at the hotel & got two free tickets. We were going to do a proper luau but thought this was free we might as well give it a go! I wouldnt pay $200 to go! There was heaps of food they give u 2 plates to fill! There is no pig cooked in the ground as it is on top of the carpark but the food was still nice even if oven cooked! You also get 2 free drinks. The drinks are so watered down you wouldn't pay to get another one! The show was good to watch but once you have seen one you dont really need to go to another! Good for a free night but I wouldnt pay!

1 Thank jasmine_paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a waste of money”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

It was our 20th wedding aniversary and the consigire at our hotel recommend this. First you meet next to a sign in the middle of the Hilton hotel. Then they tell you to follow the pretty lady to the luau after two esclator rides you end up on the roof. This is not what i had expected at all, the show was ok and so was the food but not worth the money.

2 Thank jan h
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mediocre - find something else to do with your $200”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We went to this show the last night of our trip, and I feel like it was a total waste of $200.
First, it is on top of the Hilton garage. While the open air is nice, it's not exactly what I would think of when thinking about a luau. We got stuck at the end of a table by the doors and could barely see. We were also seated with a bunch of travel agents or something that got a bunch of freebies - it was so nice to see that (insert sarcasm).

The food was hotel food, plain and simple. I wouldn't even consider it "Hawaiian" or Polynesian. The show was not bad, but it felt more like a Vegas show than a luau, and the MC for the evening was annoying and cheesy.

In all, I'd recommend shopping around. Or, take that $200 and stay another night in Waikiki someplace - you will have more fun!

2 Thank Xmasbby78
Laredo, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mediocre”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I went to the Luau because we participated in the time share presentation and got the tickets for free. I would have been disappointed if I had spent $200+ for us to go.
The food wasn't bad, I expected worse.
The show is alright. The fire guys at the end are the coolest part.
I didn't like how we were seated because my husband I and wound up at a table and were the only two people to speak English. It was kind of awkward.
The service wasn't so great either. It was like they only wanted you to use the two drink tickets and not order anything more.

1 Thank Kellianne S
Milwaukie, Oregon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Do not waste your money.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

It was really hard to give this thing a any type of review. In one word it was "horrible".
First, this is held on the top floor of the Hilton's parking garage!! One floor down they are parking cars. We paid for an upgrade and got stuck at the end of the table. My husband and I were seated across from each other. There was barely enough room on the table for my plate, which would have been ok, because the food was horrible. We tried to flag down our waiter for a drink, but gave up. Finally the man seated next to me got up and encouraged him to come to our table. Again the drinks were horrible.
The show was ok, but the MC looked and acted like an over aged Las Vegas lounge lizard.
We were so disgusted with this event we asked for our $$ back. We were politely told that we did participate and they would not refund any $$.
But what do you expect when they hold a luau on top of a parking garage.

2 Thank Reta T