WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki

Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mason, Ohio
“Just Enough Off the "Magnificient 2 Miles on Steroids"!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our first visit to HI. I really wish it hadn't been Waikiki. We are truly not shopping or partying folks. We really would have perferred a quieter, more relaxed area. This hotel was perfet for that! The pool was relaxing.The staff was very friiendly and kind. The bed was extremly comfortable. We have an adjustable Tempurdic at home and sometimes traveling is downright uncomfortable. Bed was wonderful. I only wish the hotel had a nice lounge with an upscale restaurant.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer and ask for a Japanese style room. The furnishings are much nicer!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank Linda H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Garden for three nights. While it's a little off the beaten path, it's still a very nice resort. The common areas are very elegant. Everything looks recently remodeled. It's a block off of Kuhio (one of the main streets in Waikiki) and at the far end of the Waikiki tourist area. There are some not so nice homes you have to walk past to get to Kuhio or Kalakaua streets, but it's a short block, so we didn't feel too worried about it.
We had a studio room. The room was nicely furnished and very clean. About the same size as a hotel room, with a small table & chairs and mini kitchen (sink, small fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishes) For the most part the room was quiet, but we could hear street noise. The only irritating thing was the air conditioner was motion activated, so it shut off while we slept. No ceiling fan to keep the air moving, so it got stuffy at night. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. Less street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Donrosel
Dedham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first timeshare swap and i was really pleased with the way it worked out. We had a studio on the 7th Floor which was just ideal for our needs. The hotel is in a residential area not far from a pretty park and five minutes beyond is the quieter stretch of beach;Duke Kahanamoku beach. i liked the fact we were not right in the thick of the busy Waikiki stretch.
We arrived late at night and the welcome we got was so friendly. The staff on the front desk were really informative and had a nice sense of humour telling us " that we would have to wash our beach towels ourselves." That made me smile. They told s about the gym and the pool but to be honest we were only here for a wek and we just wanted to relax on the beach.
The studio had a small kitchen area with worktop, coffee machine, microwave sink and all the utensils you would need to get by. A little dining table for two. The bed was huge by European standards and very comfortable. The bathroom was small but totally adequate. Our room looked out onto the street with a side view of the canal. It is not a glamarous view as Honolulu is very built up, but we did not go there to stay in our room. The beach, the turquoise sea and the crashing waves were all we wanted to see. Facilities; free wifi, use of the laundry room. TV is Time Warner 70 channels. We used the business centre to print off our boarding cards. It was all good. We enjoyed our stay here which is very different from our usual timeshare in a hilltop Italian town. Would I come back ? Most definitely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank JulesmoLondon
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited Oahu for the first time and we did not know what to expect. We were met by the staff who made us feel not only welcomed but comfortable. The accomadations were outstanding and the amenities such as the pool, media room and fitness center appeared to be up to date and new. The staff made our stay at the Royal Garden memorable. I would like to give a big Mahalo to the following Staff; Aaron, (who always made us smile and shared a laugh or two), Andre, (who helped me with connecting my IPad to their WIFI), and Lynn, (who always answered our questions concerning the locale and things to do in Waikiki). Mahalo to Darwin, Geg and Shane for their assistance. In our opinion the Royal Garaden is One of the Best places we have stayed. Again Mahalo, We will be Back Again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ivan C
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is now a mixture of a Wyndham timeshare resort and privately owned vacation rentals. We had unit 1803 which was a vacation rental. The building has has been renovated and is excellent. The pool area is great and the front desk service is very friendly. The large laundry is free and all rooms have free wifi. Our studio apartment was spacious well equiped and furnished and very comfortable. The views were nothing special, but we had a great 9 days here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank CliveP-T
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We are Wyndham owners. Our home resort is Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk nearby, but there was no availability, so we gave Royal Garden Waikiki a chance. Luck was in our favor. We stayed for 2 weeks.

The true gems are the staff at the front desk: Aaron, Joemar, Shane and Darwin. They showed us true Aloha! They were all so friendly and helpful in every way. I spoke with the hotel manager, Mr. Winter, who was also helpful and attentive.

The room is a small studio (350 square feet +/-), but modern and well appointed. It suited us, a couple. We did have a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and blender. We also had utensils and plates provided. The small breakfast nook table and chairs were nice to have small breakfast meals. The TV and entertainment system was great to watch the Olympics on. There is barely a lanai or terrace; you can stand out there, but there were no chairs, nor would they fit. The view from our room 2404 was of the Ala Wai Canal and mountains, no ocean view. The daily newspaper was out 10 of 14 days.

While in HI, have homemade ice cream @ Henry's Place on Beachwalk. One of our Japanese friends told us about it. I still miss and long for ice cream from Henry's Place. We ate our way through the island. We had amazing Sunday brunches at Hoku's @ the Kahala Resort and @ Orchids, Halekulani resort. Loved Ono's Hawaiian Food and the KCC farmers market. Enjoyed shrimp and fish in Kahuku @ Romey's. We had our anniversary dinner @ Sushi Sasabune, truly amazing. We also had a food adventure with Hawaii Food Tours and would definitely recommend it.

We rented a car a few times and visited other beaches: Halona Beach Cove (Eternity Beach), Lani Kai in Kailua and Three Tables Beach in the North Shore. We also did a thrilling shark cage dive! Awesome! It's wonderful to have new experiences and test your boundaries especially in Hawaii.

RESALE, RESALE, RESALE as far as the timeshare presentations. The sales team on site was problematic. I was to attend an "Owners Update" meeting, but was turned away, because my husband was not with me. I could make another appointment when my husband was with me. I OWNED WYNDHAM before my marriage and am still the sole owner of the timeshare. I made a few phone calls to Wyndham Owner Care about my treatment as a woman owner and that I need my husband to attend meetings. I have attended Owner Updates in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, and SF all without my husband. In the end, I was told "it was a misunderstanding and the secretary was new." I was frustrated and insulted to be treated like this as an owner and guest on vacation. I did spend several hours trying to remedy this on my vacation, because I don't want other people to treated poorly. The sales team is separate from the hotel team, luckily.

We did have a memorable time @ Royal Garden Waikiki. We are now refreshed and rejuvenated from the islands.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank aliehssunday
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for our 30th Anniversary in May, 2012. We are timeshare owners from Australia & booked this resort with RCI (Pacific), We had a wonderful week as the hotel is in a great location for anything your heart desires, restaurants, shopping, beach, cafes, etc are all very close by.
The Ala Moana shopping mall is also within walking distance, but you can catch a bus if the 20 minute walk is too much for you!!. We especially liked the fact that we were not right on the beach or close to the main "tourist" strip, which was only a five minute walk away. The reason for this is the noise of the hustle & bustle of the main street, we were far enough away that we could enjoy a good nights sleep, & be in a relatively quiet street not far from the main areas.
The staff, Darwin, Aaron, Lynell, & Joemar were always helpful & courteous with suggestions of dining, tours, clubs & bars, etc.
Our room was spacious & clean with a balcony, there is WiFi in all rooms, a laundry room on L4, the adults lounge has 3 computers for guest use (also on L4), the Lobby looks great after the renovations earlier this year. The pool area is nice with the well maintained gardens, the Gym is well equipped & clean.
This resort was a pleasure to stay in & made our week easy to get to places that we wanted to because of it's great location, bus services to many attractions & shopping centres were only a few minutes walk away. We would highly recommend this resort/hotel to anyone. "ALOHA"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple