“Very friendly, helpful staff and quality equipment.”

Hawaiian Style Rentals & Sales
Oahu Shore Excursion: Independent Scooter Adventure
Ranked #14 of 315 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Waikiki's premier moped, motor scooter, scoot coupe and bicycle rental specialists. Each of us is committed to delivering every customer an unforgettable experience on two or three wheels. While traveling by motor scooter or moped, riders can enjoy breathtaking views of our islands pristine coastline, explore engulfing waterfalls, and even climb to the peaks of craters. Here at Hawaiian Style Rentals and Sales, we teach all of our first timers how to operate and ride a moped, as well as making sure you start your adventure with all safety tips for the road and a map with our suggested routes. We are also Oahu's exclusive dealer for Genuine Scooter Company. Every new moped comes with a two year unlimited mileage warranty and roadside service. Mahalo!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is obviously well managed. The young men that work here (somewhat unexpectedly) treated all of their clients with respect and were very helpful. I was a little unsure at first and thought they might be jerks, but not at all. These guys are great and they take pride in their business. The equipment was in good shape. The place was clean and instructions were clear.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We rented from Hawaiian Style on 8.5.13. We called the day before to get a reservation and they told us that the only way to make a reservation is online. That worked fine and we arrived about 8:20 the next morning. They say they open at 8:30 but they were helping people when we arrived. The rental was $35 for all day but we bought the insurance ($25 each) and the $5 gas deal. We rode the mopeds all day and barely moved the needle off full. You could save a few bucks by filling the tank yourself but we thought it was not worth the effort. They provide helmets, instruction, show you a safety video, and then have you ride around the block to try out your skills. Then it is out into traffic--yes, just like that.

At first 15 mph seems like plenty but by the end of the day 35 mph was pretty comfortable. Unfortunately, some stretches of the route we took were 45 and mopeds do not go that fast. We rode them to Kailua and it is a scenic ride. The beach there is beautiful and seems to go on for miles. The ride of the coast has a lot of view points and beaches. We pulled over many times to let traffic pass us and just look at the views. Missed a turn coming back and ended up on the H1 for a short stretch--an illegal no-no. One caution--I am 6'4" and had to sit well back on the seat where your bum is not supposed to be so it kept pushing me forward. When I slid forward my knee would hit the handle bars in a turn and honk the horn. Funny, but kind of dangerous. I had to consciously keep pushing myself back further on the seat.

Great staff, great equipment, great time.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's easy to drive a scooter-don't worry ! But traffic on streets is very busy- deep breaths not recommended! Material was in very good condition and staff helpful & friendly.
A "must" is drive around Diamond Head ! Visit Makalei Beach Park - a jewel & not crowded...

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Called them up to book bike. They told us to just drop by as they had many available - a real treat at the peak tourist time. They were friendly and helpful, explained terms well, checked equipment and provided us with good add-ons like bike lock, helmets, bungee ropes, handle bar bag, map of bike routes (included in rental).

Limited store hours but easy after hours drop-off. We handed them in during shop hours and they proactively asked if the bikes had worked well, if we were satisfied, etc.

Only issue was that my bike was missing some of the more central gears.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Friendly - Quick service...was on my way in less than 5 minutes, with exactly the bike I had reserved.
Rented the Shopping Bike. Easy riding "Town" bike got me everywhere I wanted to go around Honolulu for a week :^)
Ample places to lock up, with no hassles for parking!
Highly recommend these folks!