“All around awesome experience”

Hawaiian Style Rentals & Sales
Oahu Shore Excursion: Independent Scooter Adventure
Ranked #15 of 314 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Waikiki's premier moped, motor scooter, scoot coupe and bicycle rental specialists. Each of us is committed to delivering every customer an unforgettable experience on two or three wheels. While traveling by motor scooter or moped, riders can enjoy breathtaking views of our islands pristine coastline, explore engulfing waterfalls, and even climb to the peaks of craters. Here at Hawaiian Style Rentals and Sales, we teach all of our first timers how to operate and ride a moped, as well as making sure you start your adventure with all safety tips for the road and a map with our suggested routes. We are also Oahu's exclusive dealer for Genuine Scooter Company. Every new moped comes with a two year unlimited mileage warranty and roadside service. Mahalo!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My friend and I rented mopeds there and it was great! The staff are very helpful, extremely nice, and pretty cute too! They made sure we knew what we were doing and felt comfortable driving the mopeds before launching us off on our own. It's a great way to get around the island and makes parking way easier! I'd definitely say buy the $25 insurance, we saw a guy get his stolen, and without the insurance you're liable for the cost of the mopeds. Would definitely suggest them to others, and if you book online in advance you get 10% off!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I highly recommend Hawaiian Style Rentals. My husband and I rented two standard mopeds for two days from Hawaiian Style Rentals through Viator.com (a third party company) during our stay in Oahu in August (2012). For me, the first day of riding was incredibly daunting; since we rode along the coast the wind was quite forceful and most cars didn't mind getting extremely close while passing us. Its been a while since I've riden a moped or motorcycle so it made me very uncomfortable. So after the first day I was a little timid to try riding our mopeds to the North Shore (a 2.5 hour drive on a standard moped that only goes 35/40mph at most)... so we decided to try to get our money back on the 2nd rental day; however, since we booked it through the third party company we weren't able to get a refund. The customer service at Hawaiian Style Rentals was so friendly and did everything they could to make me happy. They even let us try out a two-seater moped so I wouldn't have to drive, but riding once around the block still freaked me out so we just went back to our original mopeds. I totally felt like a tool, but HSR never made me feel bad for being wishy-washy about the moped; they just happily found an option that made me comfortable. It was a really great and refreshing experience after being treated badly by many locals on Oahu. I'll say it again: I highly recommend Hawaiian Style Rentals!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I rode the mopeds and it was awesome. I got the standard because I was a beginner, but quickly got the hang of it. However, I did cut off a lot of cars and buses, so be careful with it. My husband did way better than I did. My favorite thing about it is that you can look at everything and stop anywhere rather than taking a bus thats on a schedule. You can get lost and find the best places. We got lost several times but we got to eat some super good food. The weather was pretty hot and it rained a bit, but overall it was a great experience. I'm a hazard on the road with a moped, so unfortunately I wont be doing it again even if I wanted to. If it wasn't so sunny and wasn't raining a bit, it would've been perfect. Just keep in mind to watch for cars and buses, and watch carefully for signs to so you can find where you need to go. Some signs aren't noticeable at first. But enjoy the trip, it was worth the experience!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I took this tour together. I was really skeptical at first; neither of us had ever ridden any type of motor bike before. Once we got the hang of it we were off. It was a BLAST we spent the whole day touring the island, going to up to Diamond Head, and just hanging out. I can’t say enough how much we enjoyed this.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were on vacation and decided to rent mopeds and I was glad we did! It's the best way to see and get around the island. All of the employees were very friendly and awesome and they were definitely patient with my friends and I because we never rode mopeds before. They gave us a mini lesson and sent us on our way. I would definitely recommend for everyone to rent from here so you can feel the wind in you hair and the freedom of the island. And not to mention very reasonable prices.