“The best experience of our trip!”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu
Ranked #34 of 326 Tours in Honolulu
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best experience of our trip!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Having not been on a helicopter before & feeling slightly hesitant, I was certainly put at ease & would have to say that this was the best way to see the island. It was the highlight of our trip. Our pilot was informative & entertaining. If there is one thing that has to be on while visiting Hawaii, THIS IS IT! I would recommend Blue Hawaiian & will certainly fly again next time I come to Hawaii.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waikiki Beach/Braintree Ma
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was a highlight of a trip to Oahu and would definitely recommend it to anyone. I was apprehensive because I'm afraid of heights and went for my husband but am SO glad we went! We had a blast and our pilot, Loren, was GREAT! He was knowledgeable and an all around nice guy-a sure asset to the company. Don't miss seeing the island with Blue Hawaii!

Visited March 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were gifted this trip and while excited weren't sure it was worth the hefty price tag - we were totally wrong it is worth every penny and I would not hesitate to do it again on my own dime.
Our pilot Julie was so friendly and knowledgeable and just all around charming/charismatic. You saw so much in the island and from such a stunning viewpoint, it just wouldn't be possible to cover all this on land. It ended up being the highlight of our trip.
We also purchased the video on a SD card - it was only $25 which I thought was quite reasonable and very well done. It cuts from the gorgeous scenery to inside the helicopter which was nice, got a few nice shots of my boyfriend & I grinning at each other over what we were seeing which was quite special and a nice touch. Definitely worth the money to purchase it.

Visited February 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The flight itself gave a good view of Oahu however a couple of things to be wary of when booking.
Firstly, if you want Kualoa Valley it is unlikely you will fly into the valley due to the weather. We flew straight passed it and upon return to base we asked why we did not go down and were advised it is unlikely due to weather. Turns out this happens a lot speaking to others who have taken the flight.
So if you want Kualoa Valley, go on the ground, don't go expecting to fly down it like they do in the movies!
Secondly, our pilot Loren, swerved a lot particularly when he saw something move in the ocean and he seemed more interested in trying to find whatever it was, twisting and turning us all over the place to find it (though didn't ever end up doing so). I felt too much time was spent truing to whale watch then seeing the Island and towards the end we ran out of time and skimmed straight over the top of Pearl Harbour unable to get any decent photographs. Also I felt sick for an hour after that flight from all the swerving!!
So really just a heads up, it was a good flight overall, we hot some great photos but I was just disappointed in the above and thought this should be shared.
P.s. for the company, I didn't write a review onsite as requested because I felt very sick and a bit cross having spent the money and not seeing the site I wished to see most!

2 Thank anicelady
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BLUE HAWAII TOUR BY HELICOPTER”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Impressive Pilot. We loved it and will do it again! The whales were a treat. Thank you for the best experience ever!

Visited February 2014