“What an ordeal!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What an ordeal!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I thought this was going to be a great trip but unfortunately their helicopter must have been designed for people without heads. I am not particularly tall (only 6’1”) but I could not sit up in this aircraft. This was not only very uncomfortable for a long ride but obviously I could not use the provided headphones. So I missed all of the narration, being able to ask questions, plus had to put up with a very noisy ride. I normally take earplugs as defense for this on every flight but, silly me, I thought I would have headphones! The company assigns seats based upon weight but apparently makes no effort to see that anyone over 5’9” tall is properly accommodated.
The other complaints that I have are minor compared to the actual ride but here they are: first I could not select my flight time when making my reservation (I would have preferred an earlier flight when the air is clearer) and second things seem a bit disorganized. They never explained when they were going to show the safety instructions, and as a result, after waiting around for something to happen, I went into the bathroom. When I returned I found the safety presentation was well on its way. Later we were given assigned seats but it was not really explained how many helicopters would be flying out and when. When we finally got to the pre-boarding area and we lined up at our seat numbers, they decided that two of us had been given the wrong seat number. Oops! Finally, we weren’t given instructions about our return bus ride but fortunately I came out of the building just before the bus left.
The only positive things I can say is the workers are very courteous, the aircraft are clean, and the company provides transportation to and from their location at the airport.
It seems like these problems could be easily corrected and hopefully the company will before more travelers experience is ruined.

1 Thank kspeed55

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birds eye view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a great way to see Hawaii, well worth the money. Pilot and the team were great, I took along our two boys of 13 and11 who thought the trip was fantastic.. Great way to spend the morning, although we wish we had gone to see the volcano, maybe next time.

Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I did this and all I can say was breathtaking. We were in the air for about 50 minutes and it was the best $250 each we have spent. Our pilot Adam was brilliant and very informative. We got to see so much of the island which is beautiful. Would highly reccomend this to anyone gong to Hawaii. One of the best things I have ever done.

New York City, New York
“FABULOUS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently visited Oahu & decided it was time (after many visits there) to try something daring. The helicopter tour was on my bucket list of things to do and Blue Hawaiian did not disappoint me. It was one of the most exciting things I've ever done. I'm afraid of heights but the pilot Adam was so assuring and full of information about the island, that I soon forgot all about the fright. I would repeat this tour in a heartbeat!! It's the only way to capture the magnificence and beauty of the island. Adam was so professional knowledgeable. Thanks for the memories!!

Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an experience. We did 45 minute flight over Oahu and the views were spectacular. Our pilot Adam was very professional and informative. This trip was well worth the money. Thanks Blue Hawaiian.

Visited September 2013