“The best way to discover Oahu”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu
Ranked #58 of 334 Tours in Honolulu
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I'm so glad I decided to book a flight with Blue Hawaii Helicopters. Everyone from the driver who picked me up to the ground staff and our expert pilot Julie were friendly and proffesional. If you're embarassed about being weighed, don't worry, as no one but the attendent behind the front desk will see it. My flight was smooth and I had a chance to see so many sites that you can only see by air. As a bonus the dvd of my flight was priced affordably.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)
All reviews
in 34 reviews
"other islands"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This helicopter ride is the perfect way to see the stunning natural beauty of this gorgeous island! The views of the coastline and ocean were simply magnificent. You will also fly over gorgeous valleys, mountains, a waterfall and Pearl Harbour. They fly over the whole island and it takes around 50 mins. You can also buy a DVD of your flight! I booked over the internet and everything was taken care of. I cannot recommend this trip highly enough! Simply stunning!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had been to Hawaii a number of times and had never taken a helicopter trip, so booked the Hidden Oahu tour. We wanted to see areas of the island that are unaccessible by car. Checked out a number of tours on-line, and Makani Kai was the longest trip for the least cost for a family of 5. They agreed to throw in the DVD as a free promotion. The pick up at our hotel was flawless. Took us to their clean and modern office. Our pilot Jeff was a fun and entertaining tour guide. He gave us just enough of a thrill poppig over the top of a ridge, that made is a little scary but really fun. He is a very experienced pilot with a wealth of knowledge about the island. Profressional staff gave us confidence in the whole experience. At the end of our Hawaiin vacation, our children ages 12, 14 and 16 rated this tour as the #1 activity they did in Hawaii!!

1  Thank Cathy K
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was the first time my girlfriend and I have ever flown on a helicopter and it was wonderful. Our pilot, Maggie, was great and professional. The staff and management were very welcoming. We didn't know we weren't going to be able to take our phones, which is what we use to take pictures, and they offered their camera for us to use. Our tour was 45 minutes and we enjoyed every second of it. Once we landed we were able to take pictures and I chose that moment right next to the helicopter to propose to my girlfriend. It was amazing and so unexpected. Everyone congratulated us and on our way out we were given two nice wedding gifts. I recommend Makani Kai Helicopters to everyone!