“Great Experience... AND a bargain”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu
Book In Advance
More Info
$310.00*
and up
Complete Island Oahu ECO Helicopter Tour
Ranked #36 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
Reviewed April 30, 2013

From start to finish, our experience with Blue Hawaiian was first rate.

As a former military helicopter pilot with over 5000 hrs, I was comforted by the ground operations and the condition of Blue Hawaiian's aircraft and ground crew. Our pilot, Jonathan, was even more impressive. There was no doubt we were in safe hands.

We had taken a drive around the island on the day before the flight, and it made the actual flight a little more enjoyable as we were familiar with the geography and could relate the aerial views to what we had already seen from the ground. My only minor complaint was the slightly hazy day we had for the flight which wasn't ideal for photos, but the DVD they prepared made up for that. BTW, I don't know why you would pass on the DVD, especially with the different angles and even inside the helicopter views. The 45 minute flight (which was actually a few minutes longer) seemed way to short, but was beautiful.

Especially considering the rest of the prices for food and entertainment in Honolulu, the Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour was a bargain. With lunch for two at the Westin in Waikiki going for over $100, it's a no-brainer to add this tour to your itinerary.

1  Thank Jim B

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Took the Blue Hawaiian morning tour of Oahu. One of the best experiences of my life. Luckily I had the front seat next to the pilot so had a wondeful view of everything. Flew over Diamond Head crater, saw adult and baby humpback whales, close up of the ocean and valleys and Pearl Harbour. All I can say is wow! The helicopters are amazing, the staff are fabulous and our pilot Jonathon was fun and enthuisatic and tools us to see a waterfall at one passenegers request. Awesome value for the price. Would do this again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Nikithetraveller
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the best way to see the island if you're short on time and or don't feel like the hassle and stress of renting a car and driving (especially if you're used to driving on the left in a right hand drive car). The free pick up from our Waikiki hotel was great and hassle free (though it was early so we had to wait at the hanger for an hour before our flight).
We weren't expecting to see WHALES, what a bonus! Flew right over a pod of about 8 huge whales, some breaching the water too!
Might be a good option for the first day of your trip, that would give you an idea of what you might like to do during your stay on the island.
Jonathan our pilot was brilliant, very knowledgable, helpful and professional, as was the lady we booked through on the phone.
Good for singles, couples or family groups.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am extremely afraid of heights and flying.. and ended up sitting in front next to the pilot with nothing to block my view... and all I can say is it was absolutely amazing! Our pilot, Jonathon, absolutely rocked! He was very knowledgeable and took us over some incredible scenery. We even saw a family of whales jumping through the water! They were also very concerned about safety - that was obvious - which made me feel MUCH more comfortable about flying! If you're going to Honolulu, I'd call Blue Hawaiian! You will not regret it!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was an awesome trip and something you must do! Our pilot was great and told us details about the island and sights! He even took us lower to see the whales! The ride was very smooth and it was great to see some if the places you can't reach by land! If you are even thing about doing this, go for it! You will not be disappointed. You can purchase a DVD of your ride for $25 and it is a great souvenir.