“Disappointing experience”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked a helicopter ride for me and my husband on Monday, 1/14. Due to poor weather, I believe our ride was cut short as we did not get to see the North Shore and the visibility from the air for the rest of the trip was spotty due to low clouds and rain. Our pilot, Julie, did a great job getting us back to the airport and I am grateful for that, but after I thought about it for a while, I realized that we did not get the excellent experience that most people did. Also, very disappointing was the machine to make the DVD of the trip was not working correctly, so we were not able to see the recorded trip. I would rather have had the flight cancelled and rescheduled so we could get the full experience, but it is what it is! It was not really worth the amount we spent.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, British Columbia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Oahu”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is our second time with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, our first was on the Big Island our of Hilo and was equally as fun. We booked in advance, online and saved a little money in doing so.

The driver from the hotel, as well as the staff at the heliport, were professional. The ride was exciting and our guide Jonathon was friendly and knowledgeable. He was careful to turn the helicopter so people on both sides could see the views. We were lucky enough to see whales twice, once, a mother with her calf, and once, a single animal just near Hanauma Bay.

Flying through the misty mountains on the island's North Shore was a treat.

I certainly recommend taking a helicopter tour of the island. Especially if you have done some driving around first. It really makes you quite familiar with island.

Visited January 2013
Niagara Falls, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a flight!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the way memories are made. A sunny day flying around Ohau, with the most accurate information from the flight crew. Showing us the things we want to see, those things only seen from the air vantage point. Pearl Harbor, Dimond Head, the surf, the beaches, only from the sky did it allow us to get full appreciation of the area.

Saltillo, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“spectacular”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we had a great trip, it was my wife's first trip in a helicopter and even though it was a little rainy with low clouds we had a great time. Nice friendly people and well worth it

Show Low, Arizona, United States
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Enjoyed Every Minute”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the 2nd time I've flown with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, and I enjoyed it as much as the first. The pilot was very knowledgable and showed us parts of the island we hadn't seen by the road. I really loved flying over the southern end of the island and seeing the parts of north shore where we had been . He flew over top of the AZ Memorial and the Missouri, a view I thought I'd never see. I enjoyed the whole time. If there were two things that I would have to dislike, the first is that I thought we would see more of the far northern part of the island. We really didn't see any of that. And the price. It's a tad expensive. But I enjoyed it so much, I decided it was a fair trade.