Book In Advance
Tours from Gray Line - Polynesian Adventure Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Gray Line - Polynesian Adventure Tours
from $481.29
from $685.28
from $481.29
from $705.97
1,138 results
All reviews haleakala sunrise tour pearl harbor road to hana the big island great tour arizona memorial rainbow falls black sand beach dole plantation day tour city tour great sense of humor visitor center highly recommend this tour pineapple hawaiian culture driver
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We usually steer clear of tours because we prefer to do our own thing and the Pearl Harbour and City Highlights tour we took with Polynesian Adventure Tours reminded us why! We chose the tour because we could not prebook tickets to the Arizona Memorial in advance and didn't want to get up at 6am while on holiday to try and get some on the day, plus this was one of the few tours offering a later start. We were picked up from the hotel exactly on time at 9:15 but that's when the good impression ended. While we expected the trip from hotel to hotel to pick up other travellers we didn't anticipate the VERY loud classical music playing while we were doing this! I thought we would be happy when we finished people picking up because the music stopped but then the commentary began!

I wont say the name of our tour guide because I don't want to make this a personal attack but he was seriously in the wrong profession. Instead of pointing out sites of interest or giving us a rundown on what we were going to see at Pearl Harbour we got a 30min botany lesson...and when he tried to "involve" the customers on the bus in his conversation and got no response he didn't get the hint and change tact, he just kept on going on about mango trees! Then we got to Pearl Harbour and received a lecture on where and when we had to be, I understand that this is important information and I bet he has had people delay the bus on occasion but we were spoken to like a bunch of kindergarten children, it was bordering on insulting and was definitely rude.

Then our trip to the Memorial was cancelled because the Navy deemed it too windy for the launch boats to transport people, this is in no way the fault of the tour company and we don't hold them responsible at all...but then when we got on the bus the driver told us how he was "going to make up for this disappointment but taking us on a special surprise bonus trip". This "bonus" was a trip down the H3 freeway, which was such a "unique bonus" that the group before us really loved it! On this thrilling (sarcasm) trip on a freeway the tour guide asked the group "who got to see the oil coming up from the Arizona" KNOWING FULL WELL WE DIDN'T GET TO GO!!! When the City Highlights part of the tour started he then gave us a real estate lesson (with useful information such as when demand is high, the price of land goes up - who would have thought? Again, sarcasm) this lesson went for a good 5-10 minuets until we got to the Punchbowl Cemetery, the driver announced this as "now you will see the GRAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEESSSSSS" like we were entering a theme park haunted house not a place of memorial and national importance. We then proceeded into Honolulu itself (with another botany lesson on the way), here the commentary was like listening to a bored science teacher reading straight from a text book...it was so boring and rehearsed that we wanted to smash the window open and jump from the bus!

This was the only tour company we used in Hawaii so I can't compare it to or suggest an alternative, but ANYTHING has to be better than the 5 hours we spent with Polynesian Adventure Tours!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Not knowing if I will ever be back to Maui in my lifetime, I am glad I made the trip to see the sunrise. I wouldnt have trusted myself to do the driving on the windy roads in the dark. Our tour guide was a wealth of information and made the trip enjoyable.

1  Thank psumomof4
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was the best day on our entire trip, what made it so special was iur tour guide Donovan. He gave us an authentic tour and experience , very memorable. You must do the whole day cirlce island and center!!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and have just completed the Grand Island Tour. Koko was our tour guide and would highly recommend him. His knowledge was amazing. To be able to give out information over the 8 hour trip and not be boring is amazing. He is a credit to Polynesian Adventure Tours. For anyone wanting to get a great overview of the island early in your trip I would highly recommend this tour.
Mahalo Koko
Dart Family

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Tony was a very captivating your guide! He delivered the information with enthusiasm, personality, humor, and heart. It made the sights much more interesting for me.