“5 hour Honolulu and Pearl Harbour Polynesian Adventure tour”

Gray Line - Polynesian Adventure Tours
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“5 hour Honolulu and Pearl Harbour Polynesian Adventure tour”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was great value for a family of 5. Pickup and drop off on time, lovely double decker bus in the Hawaiian sun. No waiting in queues, flowed smoothly. The absolute best part was our bus guide, who gave a fully commentated trip throughout, for the Honolulu sites and to Pearl harbour, and even on the return trip too. Many thanks to Princess (guide) and Tinkerbell (driver). This guide deserves a big pay rise - she was fantastic. :)

2 Thank Lisa D

• Korean first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked this tour well in advance as we had heard there were some difficulties getting admission to Pearl Harbour due to reduction in opening hours caused by Federal funding cutbacks. We were very glad that we did. The city sights section of the tour was informative and fun and it was fitting to visit Punchbowl Cemetery on our way to Pearl Harbour. At Pearl Harbour, we continued to be well looked after with tickets, meeting times and admission to the Arizona Memorial all sorted. Our 9 year old son was also treated to some extra attention and a kid's excursion pack which made his day. Our guide made sure he spent time with each party on his tour and answered all sorts of questions, not just about the tour, clearly enjoying his job and very proud of Hawaii. We would recommend this tour to anyone.

3 Thank Wendy J
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just do it”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

It was cold and crowded and spectacular. You owe it to yourself to do this once in your life. Pack your parka when you go to Hawaii?? Oh yeah. Get up at 1am and then be able to say you've been to 10,000 feet in the middle of the Pacific. Take pictures of a lifetime. See silverswords in bloom (maybe... we did). Then have a great breakfast, return to your hotel, and take a nap. Perfect first day on Maui.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank EmilyBristor
Glenside, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Polynesian Adventure Tour to Pearl Harbor”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I along with a friend decided to book the tour of Pearl Harbor, The USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Missouri, with a side stop at the "Punchbowl". We contacted the folks at Polynesian Adventure Tours and they were very receptive and were able to meet our pre-set schedule. The Tour bus picked us up at the hotel "On time" and proceeded to our destination. I have to say that without a doubt the driver/tourguide on our trip was one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people we met on out two weeks in Hawaii. His Name Pete "Pekelo" Ti and I cannot say enough about his great personality, his willingness to keep us informed, and his absolute "pure" knowledge of both Ohau, its people, and our destination and its impact on our history. He ensured that all participants were well informed and made sure of all the timetables were clear so we did miss any of the attactions.
I strongly recommend using Polynesian Adventure Tours for not only the convenience but also for their willingness to make sure that the people are well informed by using only the "Best" in guides/drivers.

Bob / Abington, PA.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Robert H
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Road to Hana - funny ride, amazing views”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The tour booking began from a small problem.

I booked the tour with internet. In booking confirmation letter it was written that I should call Maui office to get the details about pick up time from the hotel. I called. Maui office could not find my internet booking. I dictated them my e-mail and asked to write me the details by e-mail.

No e-mail during the day. Next morning I called again. They could not find the reservation again and asked to call their Oahu office. Fortunately Oahu office finally found it but... the list for my date was already full. Fortunately again I had additional days and could easily switch the trip to another date. Guys, please, tune your system.

But the trip totally worth it. That's why I gave excellent grade to you, guys.
Great, funny guide and very professinal driver according Hana road conditions.
I had my own rent-a-car but after reading about the road decided to go with a tour.
I think it was a right decision. No driving headache on the Hana dangerous road. Insted I got many information about Maui and Hawaiians, saw spectacular views (black snad beach, lava tubes, waterfalls, rainforests, bamboo forest, amazing ocean views and so on) and had fun:)

Totally recommend the tour.

2 Thank Sergey L