All reviews boutique hotel hawaiian hospitality four post bed coffee bar downstairs evening bar outback steakhouse queen room ala moana blvd within walking distance from australia friendly hotel mini fridge awesome hotel room was clean next morning i highly recommend this hotel enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2019

Great hospitality at the Equus ! We stayed there twice during our vaccay in Oahu. For our second stay there Cher upgraded us to a nicer room on the top floor in appreciation of us coming back. Best complimentary Rum Punch in Hawaii :) All of the staff made us feel super welcome and were there to answer any questions we had. Thanks guys !

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kris W, Guest Relations Manager at Paniolo at the Equus, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, David! We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to hosting you again. We'll have a Rum Punch waiting for you at the Paniolo Bar! Aloha

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I booked the last minute due to some schedule change, and I was a bit worried because I arrived early at the hotel. Renee was so understanding and very helpful to assist and help me settle. Chad helped me carry my luggage with a smile. Booking at Paniolo was a great decision as it is near the beach and shopping mall. An Airport shuttle can easily be arranged as the hotel location is along Ala Moana Blvd. My overall stay was great!! the Hotel staff are friendly helpful and awesome!!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2019

The Equus is located near many places of interest. It is within walking distance of Waikiki beach, the Ala Moana Park, shopping mall, numerous eating places and other shops. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. We were disappointed in the age of the place, even though some renovations have been done. The hotel charges a resort fee even though it is not as nice as many just plain hotels. There were two floors of steps to carry luggage up before you get to an elevator, and no inside route to get your car from the parking garage.

Room tip: King size bed rooms have a balcony. Not much of a view, but you can open the door for fresh air and can step outside.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kris W, Guest Relations Manager at Paniolo at the Equus, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Aloha Brenda,
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed our great location and friendly staff. I'm sorry to hear we came up a bit short in other areas though. We are always looking for ways to improve and will certainly take this into consideration. I know we're not a fancy 5-star hotel, but we try our best to go above and beyond to share the true spirit of aloha with each and every guest. I really hope you'll give us another chance next time you return to Waikiki. Thank you once again and best wishes from all of us here at Paniolo at the Equus.

Reviewed April 25, 2019

Always a great stay at the Equus. Renee is such a wonderful ambassador for the hotel. I also appreciate Puka, Jackie and Yoshi for their great service every time I stay. This was my eighth visit staying at the hotel. See you again soon.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kris W, Guest Relations Manager at Paniolo at the Equus, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Mahalo for the wonderful feedback, Eric! As a family-owned and operated hotel, we truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to hosting you for many years to come. Aloha

Reviewed April 22, 2019

I found this intimate hotel while walking from nearby Ala Moana Center into the heart of Waikiki...it sits back from Ala Moana Blvd, and offers many ammenities which suit the business traveler, such as myself...personalized housekeeping, on-site cocktail bar, and access to some of the best restaurants in the area including Chart House and Outback Steakhouse...loved front desk service (especially manager Rene) hotel cleanliness and attention to detail, and the great rates...hope to return soon

Room tip: Request rooms with low numbers, as they are located furthest from Ala Moana Blvd
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Kris W, Guest Relations Manager at Paniolo at the Equus, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Aloha oldteen,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Paniolo. As you mentioned, we're a short 5-minute walk to Ala Moana Center as well as some of the best beaches in the city. We attract many business travelers due to our proximity to downtown Honolulu and the Hawaii Convention Center, so we try to think of anything and everything a traveler such as yourself might need. Please let us know next time you're in town and we will make sure you're well cared for. Thanks again!