“Keep grocery bill down”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Keep grocery bill down”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I go to the farmers market to get our produce and breads and it keeps our price of groceries down living on the island with the way prices are it helps a lot. If your just visiting you can get some of the best produce to keep in your room for snacks or breakfast. Love the market!?

1 Thank slcmd

• Korean first
Kihei, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just wish it was Bigger~”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Flew over from Maui for the weekend and decided to check out this Farmer's Market. I thought it was great! Lots of good food and refreshing drinks, really fresh and beautiful looking produce, lotions and lots of honey's to taste. The vendors were generous in having you taste and try their products. It wasn't small but wish it was bigger. Would love to go back again!

Visited November 2012
Seattle
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“FUN! fresh fruit, fresh flowers, food and local business goods!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

What fun!!! There were so many different types of fruits there. Some that were quite exotic. The flowers were wonderful and there was even a booth specializing ONLY in hibiscus plants. This is really a place to see the "local" goods BUT the parking was super challenging. It is really worthwhile to get there early!!! Even a half hour before it opened if you want to find a parking space. The farmer's market is sponsored by a local community college and KCC had a food booth run by their restaurant and food program. It is very popular and crowded but a fun experience.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank FlipFlopWanderer
Atlanta, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Stop by the Farmers' Market on Sat. if you are in the area!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just a quick review to say this is a decent farmers' market, but the selection is not huge. There are a lot of coffee stands, which is great to have in HI, but I would have liked to see more variety. I did have the pulled pork sandwich and fried chicken and waffles from Soul, both of which were decent. Having lived in Atlanta the fried chicken and waffles could have been better, but I get they are cooking outside. There are a good amount of local produce and fruit stands, which is great. I love that you can get lettuce, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, etc. all here in HI, and they taste super! There are also some plant vendor and flowers, which is nice, and I wish I had know so I could have bought them to take home. I still think it could be a bit bigger, but the biggest thing I would suggest as a change is the hours- 8-11am. Shutting down at 11am seems really early. Maybe I feel it is super early because I live in KoOlina, so I would never usually make it over to KCC before they close down except for today when I had to drop family off at the airport. If you are in the area, it is the morning, and you are hungry definitely stop by!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Nicole G
San Francisco, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“If you are in honolulu on Sat you have to visit this farmers market”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

You can take the #2 bus from waikiki and that will take you all the way to the farmers market. This farmers marketing happens on Sat from ???- 11AM. There are a LOT of food stalls, with shave ice, juices, cookies, roasted corn (not white corn but a equally tasty) etc.
We had the acai bowl and that was delicious (it's vegan too)
The best part is all the fruit that we were able to get. We got the bread fruit (since we stayed at a condo with a microwave, we were able to cook it and have a fridge to store the bounties), Sapote, mangoes, papayas, passion fruits.
This farmers market is full of energy and lots of visitors - locals and tourist a like. For a $2.50 fare per person, we could have spent hours there.

Visited October 2012