One of the more difficult reviews I have written here, as the hotel was definitely sub-par, but you have to give management credit for trying to make it right if you spoke up about what was wrong. I think there are too many timeshare organizations running this place which results in greatly varying quality of the rooms. One of the worst (lengthy) check-ins I have ever experienced with a staff that simply doesn't care enough. We moved 3 times - the last to the top floor with a wonderful view of Diamond Head. I was shocked at the first "remodeled" room which had broken uncomfortable furniture. They are currently doing some minor exterior remodeling, but it is simply not enough for the price one pays. Elevators are notoriously slow, even given the remodeling going on. Pool area is too small, but one can always argue that the beach is a block and a half away. We didn't have a "bad" time here, but I would not recommend it. The BIG exception is the parking. $80 for the week with unlimited in and out is the best deal you will find anywhere in Waikiki. I may not stay here again, but I will definitely use their parking lot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOOKING FOR JACKIE'S CONDOS? LOOK NO FURTHER, YOU FOUND THEM! I have several condos for you to choose from! Rates vary depending on condo, length of stay and time of year. FREE PARKING.. FREE INTERNET ACCESS... FREE CALLS TO CANADA AND US MAINLAND FREE USE OF BEACH CHAIRS, BOOGIE BOARDS, BEACH UMBRELLAS, BEACH TOWELS...ALL LOCATED IN EACH CONDO FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE NO RESORT FEES FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE Our condos are impeccably clean and appointed with comfortable decorator furnishings. Full size kitchen with microwave, range, refrigerator, and all the necessary utensils. There is a flat screen TV, DVD player, stereo with CD player and IPOD docking station, phone and A/C. We provide all the necessities for your convenience and also some extras for your pleasure THE FEATURES The resort is simply incredible, featuring a huge waterfall and Koi pond in the lobby. The recreation deck features a large pool, two spas, sauna, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball court, snack bar, picnic/BBQ area, and children's playground...even a putting green! You will also find secured covered parking, a convenience store, a coffee house and a laundry room on every floor THE LOCATION Conveniently located within a very short walking distance to: of course, the famous Waikiki beach, Kapiolani Park, Aloha Shell, Aquarium, International Marketplace, Ali Wai golf course, Honolulu Zoo, Movies on the beach, and the 'Rodeo Drive' of Waikiki, Kalakaua Avenue. Car rentals, a church, a supermarket, a multitude of restaurants, and shops are easily accessed. A bus stop is located in front of the resort which will take you locally or around the entire island of Oahu! All major attractions [Pearl Harbor, Huanama Bay, etc} can be accessed inexpensively by bus. THESE ARE NON SMOKING UNITS PLEASE NO PETS PLEASE I ACCEPT: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Checks, Money Order ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Waikiki Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Banyan Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Banyan Hawaii/Honolulu