We have used this hotel twice now with our family. The size is nice for the a family of 5. The kitchenette is nice, we can make breakfast in the room, pack a lunch to take with us, Parking is reasonable which is a big deal. The front desk is very kind and helpful, even when you are renting from Jackie or one of the other private condo's in the building. The wireless internet was fast and free, that was wonderful as we uploaded pictures of our trip as we were there!
The 'futons' were a little misleading as they were really just large cushions but the boys didnt mind sleeping on them and since we barely spent any time in the room anyway, it was a small thing and they all slept well on the large cushions/futons.
Very good for a family with younger children. They provided boogie boards which the boys used, and bamboo beach mats, we left behind the extra ones we bought while we were there.
You are only 5 minute walk to the beach, and one of the nicest biggest ABC stores is just one block over and down ... you can shop for your daily supplies and leave the next day so easily. The zoo is only a couple of blocks away,. it is within very easy access to the highway to drive out towards Haunauma Bay, Sandy Beach, Sealife Park and all the other attractions outside of the city.
Shopping Centers are nearby within easy walking distance.
Overall, if you are looking for a clean, safe place to sleep while enjoying the island, we would and do recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOOKING FOR JACKIE'S CONDOS? LOOK NO FURTHER, YOU FOUND THEM! I have several condos for you to choose from! Rates vary depending on condo, length of stay and time of year. FREE PARKING.. FREE INTERNET ACCESS... FREE CALLS TO CANADA AND US MAINLAND FREE USE OF BEACH CHAIRS, BOOGIE BOARDS, BEACH UMBRELLAS, BEACH TOWELS...ALL LOCATED IN EACH CONDO FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE NO RESORT FEES FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE Our condos are impeccably clean and appointed with comfortable decorator furnishings. Full size kitchen with microwave, range, refrigerator, and all the necessary utensils. There is a flat screen TV, DVD player, stereo with CD player and IPOD docking station, phone and A/C. We provide all the necessities for your convenience and also some extras for your pleasure THE FEATURES The resort is simply incredible, featuring a huge waterfall and Koi pond in the lobby. The recreation deck features a large pool, two spas, sauna, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball court, snack bar, picnic/BBQ area, and children's playground...even a putting green! You will also find secured covered parking, a convenience store, a coffee house and a laundry room on every floor THE LOCATION Conveniently located within a very short walking distance to: of course, the famous Waikiki beach, Kapiolani Park, Aloha Shell, Aquarium, International Marketplace, Ali Wai golf course, Honolulu Zoo, Movies on the beach, and the 'Rodeo Drive' of Waikiki, Kalakaua Avenue. Car rentals, a church, a supermarket, a multitude of restaurants, and shops are easily accessed. A bus stop is located in front of the resort which will take you locally or around the entire island of Oahu! All major attractions [Pearl Harbor, Huanama Bay, etc} can be accessed inexpensively by bus. THESE ARE NON SMOKING UNITS PLEASE NO PETS PLEASE I ACCEPT: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Checks, Money Order ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Waikiki Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Banyan Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Banyan Hawaii/Honolulu