“Something different”

and up
Waikiki Trolley Hop-On Hop-Off Tour of Honolulu
Ranked #52 of 333 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: This 14-acre garden is home to over 4,000 species of rare tropical plants.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Required a forty five minute city bus ride but entrance fee was only $10 and the plants, flowers and trees would delight anybody who's interested in this sort of thing. It's within walking distance from Chinatown where we enjoyed looking around and having a delicious lunch.

2  Thank Prickly

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was the 1st garden we went to in Hawaii, and they had a lovely variety of plants. Loved the orchid greenhouse, and the amazing trees. Worth the price of admission ($5) and ample parking.

2  Thank ssalko2
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I love these gardens - when I lived in Honolulu years ago it was one of my favorite places to find some peace in my day. I was surprised that none of the reviews mentioned the large Buddha statue on the grounds. It emanated peace. Hope it's still there!

2  Thank revangelica
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This botanical garden was a good break for us to relax in between some other sightseeing. The grounds are well kept and the overall experience was quite relaxing. There is a good variety of different plants and trees though I was expecting the garden to be a little bigger.

1  Thank Sandeep420
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am so glad we came to the Gardens. It gave me background for the plants of Hawai'i and made Waimea Valley and the Old Pali Highway much more understandable botanically speaking. If you care for the environment, love trees, flowers and peace and quiet, visit this sanctuary within the city.

1  Thank Rynt