“Great attraction”

$169.00*
Hawaii Five-0 TV Locations Tour
Ranked #9 of 333 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: The resting place for more than 25,000 victims of three American Wars - World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War – this is truly the “Cemetery of Heroes.” Punchbowl was formed some 75,000 to 100,000 years ago during the Honolulu period of secondary volcanic activity. A crater resulted from the ejection of hot lava through cracks in the old coral reefs that, at the time, extended to the foot of the Koolau Mountain Range. Of special note is a monument honoring Hawaii-born astronaut Ellison Onizuka, who perished aboard the Challenger space shuttle in 1986. Also noteworthy are the Courts of the Missing, white stone tablets bearing the names of those missing in action from World War II.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Wonderful place to see. Very solemn and beautiful. Worth the time not only for the memorial but a great view as well.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We did a tour of the "Punchbowl" as the tour guide had told us that tour buses are not allowed to come to a full stop nor are visitors allowed to exit the bus to tour the site. It is a very solemn place to visit and quite beautiful, but not nearly as impressive as Arlington. We were not disappointed that we got to visit this as part of our tour package.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very nice memorial to those who lost their lives in War time. Lovely views over the island. Easy access to the monument via the road if you cant negotiate the stairs

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were told tours were no longer allowed to get off the bus at the Punch Bowl because of disrespectful behavior by people (and after seeing how people behaved in Washington DC I am not surprised). So I am sadden greatly if we were told the truth.

I wanted to pay my respects at Sen. Inouye's grave (republican though I am, I admire Sen. Inouye greatly). When I asked the Discover Hawaii Tour guide abt the possibility, I was told no.

I would have scheduled time to go on our own had I known we would need to do so.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

my mother and father are there....it is very beautiful and peaceful ....always clean and well taken care of.....very beautiful view too