WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #42 of 315 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: From pink flamingos to African giraffes, the Honolulu Zoo is home to a little bit of everything from the animal kingdom. Its animal population includes more than 64 reptile, 38 mammal and 160 bird species. The 42-acre facility is organized into three tropical ecological zones: Tropical Rainforests, Pacific Islands and the African Savanna. Among its highlights is a new $12-million, 1.5-acre Asian tropical elephant exhibit that includes a 7,260-squre-foot holding area and two 55,000-gallon pools.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you have kids makes for a nice way to spend a few hours. Was well priced, clean and plenty of animals to see.

Visited April 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Do the night tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

So on the weekends the zoo offers a guided night tour and the groups are about 15 people. My tour guide was awesome! I wish I remembered his name, he was a male on the shorter side, dark hair. I went twice during my six day vacation.

Dayton, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
“Beach Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

nice zoo a nice day from the beach and crowd only zoo that I have been to that the wife says she would visit again I think it because its in Hawai'i. been to some nice zoo's around the world this one is one of the tops

Westchester, New York, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Convenient and fun.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a wonderful short day there. It was walking distance from the hotel and my kids had a lovely time. It is large enough to be interesting, but not overwhelming in size. Though the animals were nice, I really enjoyed the plants they had.

Dearborn, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This zoo was OK. Unfortunately many of the exhibits were empty. The zoo was doing some construction so the paths through the park were blocked in a number of areas. We went on a Monday so we found parking and there were no crowds. It's not one of the best zoos we've been to but our son was excited about going. It wasn't worth the cost of $14 per adult and $6 per child. There are plenty of other things on the island I would do rather than go here... We won't be going back.

Visited July 2013