Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Kalakaua Ave
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food great, service excellent. Only disappointment was the cheesecake, why is it not the same cheesecake as they serve in Nashville. Nashville Ruth Chris' has the best cheesecake ever, I thought it was standard Ruth Chris dessert, sadly it is not.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vacaville, CA
“happy hour”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Best place to hit restaurants in Hawaii, is to go during happy hour. Get the happy hour app! Great food, great service, drinks are yummy!

Visited April 2013
Henderson, Nevada
“broke my diet”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I went here for our 24th anniversary. I had been a Vegetarian for almost 12 months. When I got here I had to put the fork down for a fine 28 day aged filet and it didn't kill me! We had the best service and the manager came over and talked to us about cigars and wines it was great!! Don't let them seat you by the window. We had a lot of people come up toe the window to look at the menu looking in on us. Fantastic value on a great wine.

Visited February 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We had wonderful service, great food and a wonderful night. Highly recommend the fillet! We spent about $300 for 4 people an had appetizers and mains and drinks was great value for the quality.

• Visited March 2013
Shanghai, China
“Tasty tasty steaks!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would recommend a booking as the restaurant was filling up quickly and we were there at 5:45pm. We were able to have a table outside on the terrace which was lovely to people-watch and just being in the open air.

We took advantage of the 5-6pm 3 course special. I had the caesar salad starter which was lovely and the petite filet which was absolutely delicious. It had been a long time since I had tasted such a good steak :o) Dessert was the Bread pudding which was also very tasty!

I had a glass of the Obsidian Ridge which went perfectly with my steak...yum!

Service was very efficient and friendly. All the servers worked very well together to make the evening go smoothly. We were very happy to have chosen to come here for our last evening in Hawaii.

A must-go if you have a serious meat craving!

• Visited March 2013