“Best Steaks”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,357 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Kalakaua Ave
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best Steaks”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Again the atmosphere is great - the food as you would expect - awesome - the staff were freindly - this is a chain restuarant but the place has still got the quality touch.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Great meal as usual!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent one night here on our vacation to Hawaii for my wife's 40th birthday celebration.

The food was as usual, very good, the atmosphere was more bar like than your standard Ruth's Chris Steakhouse's which we were hoping to have, but this experience was fine in the end. We possibly would have stayed longer if we hadn't been sat at a bar top table beside the loud bar, when I was asked when booking if it was a special occasion and I clearly stated a 40th party for four.

The food is to be as expected, however the atmosphere isn't your standard Ruth's Chris in my opinion.

• Visited February 2013
“How can you be disappointed?”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We bought gift cards from Costco at 20% off and went for an early dinner around 5 pm, which was when they opened I think. Being early they offered a three course meal for a good price so we each got that with a different combination. The sides are a little smaller but still enough to share. We tried the stuffed chicken, fresh sea bass, and I got the steak. Each was good but I think you should get steak at Ruth's Chris. The crab cake was not the best but wasn't bad, we got it so we could use the $200 gift cards we bought for $160 at costco. I loved my steak and sweet potatoes and would gladly spend $50-60 for the early dinner combo. Service was great and they even called me by my name having made the reservation. Great way to end a perfect vacation.

Goodyear, Arizona
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. The wait is long if you don't have reservations (1 1/2 hours) but you can order food at the bar. They have a great selection of wines and their oyster Rockefeller was amazing. They also had the best cheesecake and flaming strawberry presentation I ever had.

Visited February 2013
Waianae, Hawaii, United States
“Save you $$, go else where”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Steak was cold , Salad bar was out of every thing.
Great window view.
Have no plans on every going back. for almost $100 , nope , never.
I will got else where