“Amazing Dinner - But Expensive!”
Review of Azure

Azure
Reserve with OpenTable
Azure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing Dinner - But Expensive!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I don't mind the expense if it is truly a great experience, which ours was. We had the pleasure of eating at Azure and the service, food, and ambience were all just excellent.

My wife had the tasting menu and though my food melted in my mouth, I had bites of hers and for the money she got the best deal.

The wine list is quite extensive. This is a restaurant that caters to sophisticated palettes and those willing to spend the money for great wine, food and experiences.

• Visited August 2012

Hawaii
“Beautiful setting, good but expensive food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The setting and view are terrific. Interesting menu -- the seafood salad was outstanding and other dishes tasty. Service was fine. It is expensive but I did not mind paying extra for the setting.

• Visited August 2012
Australia
“Fantastic service and delicious food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We dined here with our two young boys and received amazing service. All the food we ate was delicious and they were most accommodating for our two boys too. Fantastic all round. One of the nicest restaurants we ate at.

Visited March 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had dinner here with another couple, and we all enjoyed the food and service. There were many intriguing options on their menu, so we asked for our waiter's opinion on quite a few of the selections. He was very helpful, and knowledgeable about their menu, so that made the final decisions a lot easier.

I don't really have much to say other than the food and service was very good. Although I enjoyed the experience, I wouldn't say that Azure is a "must return" restaurant for me. It is a very solid restaurant, and I would have given it 4.5 stars if I had the option.

Visited July 2012
Washington
“Good restaurant at Royal Hawaiian”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good but not spectacular place right on Waikiki. Thanks to raised platform, even tables in the back have a wee view of the waves. Moorish modern decor, guess this goes with the Royal's look. Big Island Salad good. Garlic prawn small plate okay. Black Magic fresh fish good. Coconut flan good but way too much for 2. Good wine list. Was willing to substitute on tasting menu. $15-20 small plates, $30-45 entrees. Service was only downside - our waiter definitely sized us up as going to buy cheapest wine on list, must be on anniversary to splurge for meal here. So he wasn't attentive, but saw other wait staff being friendly and good service. Maybe he treated us this way because we booked on Open Table and listed Stanwood Preferred number which gave us 10% discount. If you want really good food, try Alan Wongs or Morimoto. If you want serious romantic atmosphere, Azure has cabana type seating right next to beach.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank activetravelwithkids

Been to Azure? Share your experiences!