“Disasterous kitchen service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kona Brewing Company Koko Marina Center

Kona Brewing Company Koko Marina Center
Ranked #37 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Michigan, USA
“Disasterous kitchen service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm not sure where to even start with this. Lunch was a train wreck of monumental proportions. We had a large party, 13 total, 8 adults and 5 kids. We were seated around 12:50pm on July 4 and didn't get our food until 2:20. It literally came out piece by piece over 20 minutes. Which I would have been ok with if 1) it didn't take 20 minutes and 2) my 5 year old niece's quesadilla didn't get lost. Her food never arrived. We literally had to go to the kitchen and get a manager to figure out what was going on. It take 3 minutes to make a quesadilla. I know, I make them. My son's chicken strips meal was served as 3 strips. Nothing else. When I asked about the fresh fruit that was supposed to come with it (15 mins after he ate it and was still hungry), I was told there was an 'upcharge'. I had to point out to the manager that it was included with the kids' meals. My food was warm (from a warming light) not hot. My sister's garlic stick order literally arrived after we were done eating. She sent them back and they were still on the bill and had to be removed. DO NOT GO HERE. I've traveled all over the world and this is ranking up there in one of the worst experiences I've had. On a positive note, the guys said the beer was good. Maybe they should just stick to that and ditch the food concept.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Not My Favorite Meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our table was right on the water at the marina. That was great. The service was average. We had 2 waiters/waitress, must have been a shift change. The beers were pretty good too. Unfortunately the nacho platter was the downfall. It was huge, but minimal toppings on it. We got extra ground beef too, but that was even scarce. The whole thing was just dry and bland. It went through the broiler to melt the cheese, but it burned the chips. We were not happy with it, so we returned it (something we rarely do), but the manager was great about it and had no problem with refunding us that part of the meal. I got the Kalua pork tacos. They were ok too. The meat was tender, but it was lacking flavor. It wasn't our best meal on our trip. Maybe we just ordered the wrong food, but if it is on the menu, it should be great...

Waterville, Ohio
“Mixed Bag”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hostess did a nice job, first waitress did a nice job...replaced by a worthless slug who didn't even do the bare minimum...Beer was good, food was decent....Great seating by the water. Just need to work on that service thing!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“It was ok nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok. The beer was good. The service was good. All in all it was ok I wouldn't go out of my way to go there thought.

Melbourne, Australia
“An enjoyable night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you want a relaxing night out with friends, a pleasant view and great food - this is highly recommended. Add in a Buddhist karmic waiter, and you've got an experience to remember. We had the delicious pizza, whilst friends dined on the seafood. Not a beer person, I was pleasantly surprised to see the range of other drinks available, and would happily go again.

• Visited April 2013