“Talk about personal”
Review of Surf HNL

Surf HNL
Book In Advance
and up
Oahu Shore Excursion: Small-Group or Private Surfing or Stand-Up Paddleboard...
Pokai Bay Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson
and up
Oahu Surf Lessons: Class and Equipment at Ala Moana Beach with Round-Trip...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have ever dreamed of you and your family surfing while on vacation in Hawaii? Get surfing today with our lessons at Surf HNL! We specialize in serving families and guests of Waikiki, and those staying around Oahu. Each of our programs helps you access real open ocean surf. Surf HNL focuses on teaching: at uncrowded beaches, beginner surfers, intermediate surfers, athletes, children, families, and multi-lesson programs. Improve your performance and decrease the risk of injury with our fun and knowledgeable instructors. Advanced reservations are required.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My niece was terribly scared about surfing again. These instructors stepped up... convinced her to try this again one on one attention and gave her one on one attention... Impressive from start to finish... Strongly recommend and would do again with this group... Thanks again all for your support..

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We bought private lessons for both daughters (ages 8 and 11)at the Ko Olina location. The staff picked us up at our hotel and transported us the "surfing" beach. This is NOT a beach where surfers go to catch waves, it is perfect for a learning beach, as the water is shallow and the waves are just right for learning.

Our 8yo was with Brian and he was fantastic with her. She was a tandem (Brian was on the surfboard with her the entire time) and was standing up very quickly. She is quite easily frightened and he made her feel safe and happy the whole time. Brian did all of the work of paddling and held her hand the entire time. Since we didn't have reef shoes her size, he gave her piggyback rides into and out of the water. I could not have found a better instructor for her.

The 11 yo was with Ian. He was also an excellent instructor and she was standing and surfing alone within 15 minutes of being in the water. She is not athletic at all and can swim well, but not confidently so we were very impressed.

Both kids were begging for another day of surfing before the end of the trip. I highly recommend this company and Brian and Ian.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ian was a tremendous instructor and helped my kids out great. If they were doing something wrong he would let them know. He was all about safety first too! I would recommend asking for him if you have a family.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

It was a great experience for our 10 year old and 13 year old. I would recommend private lessons for kids at this age. Instructors were great! Erika and Nui the first day hooked us to come back, and Eric and Michael on the second day proved that this is a top rate service company.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Stephanie, Chris, and Dan took amazing care of me and made sure that I not only caught waves, but also that I felt confident, comfortable, and totally proud of myself !!(which is quite generous, considering that Stephanie did all the work and made it ridiculously simple.) I'm looking forward to my next lesson!!