“A wonderful experience”
Review of Surf HNL

Surf HNL
Book In Advance
and up
Oahu Shore Excursion: Small-Group or Private Surfing or Stand-Up Paddleboard...
and up
Oahu Surf Lessons: Class and Equipment at Ala Moana Beach with Round-Trip...
Waikiki Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson with Round-trip Transport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have ever dreamed of you and your family surfing while on vacation in Hawaii? Get surfing today with our lessons at Surf HNL! We specialize in serving families and guests of Waikiki, and those staying around Oahu. Each of our programs helps you access real open ocean surf. Surf HNL focuses on teaching: at uncrowded beaches, beginner surfers, intermediate surfers, athletes, children, families, and multi-lesson programs. Improve your performance and decrease the risk of injury with our fun and knowledgeable instructors. Advanced reservations are required.
New York City, New York
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Having never surfed before, this was a great way to learn the basic foundations and have a fun time doing so. The instructors were extremely helpful and nice people. It was one of the highlights of our trip. (Plus, the shirts are super fun!)

Visited December 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“Hooked on Surfing!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Want to thank GWS for an amazing experience with my 12 year old daughter. Both her and I were first timers but Ian and Stephanie were fantastic in speaking to both of in a way we both understood. Their personable nature translated from the sand and ground school to out in the waves with ease. We had such a great time we went again the next day and within moments Ian had us catching waves on our own! Both Ian and Stephanie were great after as well showing us some of the sights and history of Honolulu after our surfing time. I'll be back!

Visited December 2013
smithfield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Brooke had our daughter hanging ten on her first time on the board. They are the real deal. Thank you Brooke and Suzie

TECUMSEH
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“BEST TIME”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a really great experience. Thank you Juliana for your patience and ross for the great pictures and video and the tows back out ;)
My husband and I went to the morning 2 hour lesson.
1 hour 75.00
2 hour 99.00
30.00 for the transportation
60.00 for pictures and cd
the experience PRICE LESS
I wasn't sure I was even going to go in the water , as I am afraid of water and get sea sick.
they were great with me. great instruction, my husband got up right away every time
I got up on my second try and a few more times after that.
I did get surf rash on my hands elbows and knee.
they supply long sleeve shirts and pants and rugged terrain water shoes
I declined the shirt, because I felt like a stuffed sausage and wore my husbands tank top.
I wish I would have brought my own water shoes that tie tight as my shoes kept falling off
Bring towels , wear a lot of sun screen bring a camera and some thing to drink
they have a cold shower rinse off the salt near by

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MRS.TRAVELS.OFTEN
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great experience!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had so much fun in a semi-private lesson with Erica I signed up for another with Ian. Both of them were friendly, knowledgeable and extremely patient with a raw newcomer. The best thing about Girls Who Surf is how hands-on their lessons are: within about 15 minutes of starting they get you out on the waves surfing on an actual board. Great value for the amount of time you get out catching waves and enormous fun. I'd recommend a morning lesson (not so hot out there) and be sure to leave yourself lots of time to recuperate; surfing can be a tough workout. But be forewarned: they'll get you addicted to shredding the waves. Mahalo to Girls Who Surf!

Visited September 2013