“Outstanding baked items” 5 of 5 bubbles

Liliha Bakery
Ranked #4 of 39 Bakeries in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Diner, Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Outstanding baked items”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I were in Honolulu for a week, and a friend who was living there recommended this bakery. It did not seem to be located in any of the traditional tourist areas. However, we found that it was well worth visiting. The quality of the baked items was simply outstanding. We were there on a Sunday afternoon, and the bakery was crowded with locals. I took that as a good sign that it was something not to be missed. My wife really loved the cream puffs. If you are looking for some scrumptious baked items, you will like this bakery.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Silver Spring, Maryland
“24 hours of choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

A great place to snag a late-night sweet or something more substantial if the mood takes you. Definitely try the cream puffs from the baker and the butter rolls and banana pancakes from the diner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
United States
“Coco puffs are delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

It was overwhelmingly delicious. It was completely unexpected for me because I'm not much of a dessert person but I loved it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Though we lived just up the road from the Liliha Bakery for a year, we never made it in to eat at the diner, only got stuff from the bakery. Even without trying the diner's food (which looked and smelled great) this is still a place we recommend to everyone. The creme puffs and coco puffs are probably our favorite, but everything we tried was awesome. Pre-made waffle batter was also noteworthy.
There's often a line, but the staff moves through the customers quickly, and its definitely worth the 5-10 minutes to get your order. If your just getting prepackaged or frozen pastries, you can also skip the line waiting to get the fresh stuff from under the counter.
The location is a little out of the way for many tourists, but its not far off of H1, and you don't have to go too deep into the smaller roads.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hong Kong, China
“A classic diner in Honolulu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I'm originally from Hawaii and this is one of those 24 hour restaurants you hit up after a long night of drinking to eat some hearty breakfast food. I love it. Rice, eggs, bacon and toast.

In my daddy years now, I bring the family here for breakfast. This place is small and gets busy, always a wait. There's 2 parts: one is the bakery side to buy pastries and bread, cakes and suck. The other is the diner portion. I always eat at the restaurant part. The irritating thing is there are loads of tour buses that roll in and bring in heaps of tourists that can crowns the place. Nothing against tourists but sometimes they come in huge crowds and inconvenience everyone else. But I still love the place.

Visited June 2013