“A neighborhood favorite”

Ranked #3 of 35 Bakeries in Honolulu
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the bakery we frequent the most as it always has a wide selection of fresh baked pastries, cakes and of course their famous cream puffs and cocoa puffs. The help behind the counter is always friendly and never makes you feel rushed even when there is a long line. One late night after a event for one of the kids, I took them here for a bite and everything we had was great. Service was not very fast, but we were not in a hurry so it didn't bother us as it might have were we trying to get someplace.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the perfect place to stop to grab a quick bite to go before heading to pearl harbor. Green tea and chocolate cream puffs were so good. We also enjoyed the bacon garlic and onion rolls.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I heard about the CoCo puffs and came to try it. I really didn't see what all the rave was about. It's a modified cream puff. Chantilly icing on top and chocalate pudding on the inside.
Felt like going into a 50's dinner.
Staff was very friendly and attentitive! I sat down to eat my "take out" puff. They provided me with fork and ice water, without me even asking. Ample free parking. Across from Pizza Hut.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Liliha Bakery makes a chocolate filled cream puff called "cocoa puffs" and was mentioned on an episode of Hawaii 5-O. The "cocoa nuts" are fantastic but all their pastries we tried (and we plenty) were all delicious. Their Malasadas were were great, we especially liked the Haupia. Danishes, Okinawan Sweet Potato Crescents, and soft delicate pastries were all great. The counter is usually full and has a waiting line but is worth the wait. They serve breakfasts and lunch plates that looked great but we just stayed with the heavenly pastries and cocoa puffs.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I happened to be in the area for lunch and stopped by for a hamburger and fries. They don't do fries. What they do is take a whole potato, cut it into eighths, fry it (not deep fry it) and serve it on a really small plate. Now for the hamburger. The whole thing was thicker than the teeny plate it was served on so you know by calculation that it would topple over and sure enough it did! I tried to catch it by pushing the bun down, but the bun it was served with was squishy soft so the whole thing ended up looking like someone stepped on it. Not being able to pick it up like a normal hamburger, I ended up eating it with a knife and fork. What a mess! I had stuff dripping and falling all over the countertop, because the plate was too small, remember? This was neither fun nor delicious. I was really disappointed.