“The best honeymoon a girl could ask for”
Review of Hale Koa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Hale Koa Hotel
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 21, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Hale Koa on our honeymoon in late June/early July of 2003. It was the best honeymoon ever.

We were booked to stay at another hotel in the area which was very rude and very unhelpful...

We found the Hale Koa by accident and the staff was SO helpful. We honestly didn't think with it being fourth of July and all that there would be any rooms available... Well, Julie at the front desk helped us have the best honeymoon ever. We had the best view, we stayed in the new building, had our own private balcony in a corner room, overlooking the ocean. We were right over the gazebo and stage where they had the luau. We could leave our door open and hear the music. We watched several weddings from our room, it was so romantic.

The Hale Koa was more than awesome. The PX had everything and the prices were great. The staff was the best. Just sitting downstairs in the lobby reading the paper and drinking coffee or people watching was exciting. The resturants were top notch and everything was very clean.

We also thought the security was great. We knew that this was the best place on the island to stay.

For anyone to complain about not having a fridge or microwave is just ridiculous... it is called vacation for a reason!! You don't need those to have a good time...

We met great people at the pool, at resturants and at the luau.. Everyone was so nice...

We had such a good expirience that we were concidering moving to Hawaii, but because he is in the military it would have been hard for us!!!!

Well, I hope you get the picture and concider staying at the Hale Koa, I promise you will have the best time, we did. (And no we don't have a honeymoon baby!)

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed June 12, 2004

My wife and I decided to stay at the Hale Koa for our honeymoon May 21-28. This was the best decision of the entire trip. We stayed in a deluxe ocean view room in the newer tower. For the money it was an incredible deal compared to the Hilton Village. The room had a wrap around balcony and large windows. We also had a couch, mini fridge, and king bed. The decor was a little bright for my taste, but hey, you're in Hawaii. The room could have been a little bit bigger, but for the price on that room type I'm not going to complain. All of the restaurants on the property are affordable and reasonable. We went to the brunch on Sunday and it was great. We also used room service for breakfast most of the time and that was very cheap compared to any other room service I have ever had (no service charges!) Don't expect a cart or silverware, just a to-go box. Also take advatge of your military connection when they check you in and go to the PX to stock up on cheap beer/spirits/wine.

We spent half the time on the beach. If you know you will be out on the beach and need umbrellas and chairs, pre-pay so you get a price break. Be sure to hike Diamond Head, and the waterfalls by the university (can get muddy in places). Duke's Canoe Club and Roy's are good dining options. Beware of Paradise Cove Luau....very over priced and very crowded. Stay local or try Germaine's.

We also went to the Big Island and Maui. Be sure to bike down Haleakala......it is a rush, just don't make a wrong turn like we did! Not much to do on the Big Island except take an air tour of the volcano. Kind of a waste of the day, but where else can you see an active volcano.

All said and done we would return to the Hale Koa in a heart beat, but I think for our next trip we will stay on Maui and Kaui (more of what you think of when you say Hawaii, no big city)

17  Thank pikapptcu
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 4, 2004

My niece and I flew to Hawaii to meet my daughter, who is a captain stationed in Japan. We arrived and was taken away by the openness of the hotel. Our room was cleaned and hotel housekeeping service was great. We loved eating on the lanai of the Kola cafe. Refrigerator was small, in the room but that was ok, it kept our drinks cool. We loved it and plan to go again, in the near future. Kudos to the staff of the Hale Koa.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed May 26, 2004

Hale Koa is a nice hotel. It has all the amenties of a four star hotel. The rates are very good for E5 and junior personnel. Rates for E6 and senior are comparable to those of the Sheraton using their goverment rates. Room service is good and the price is right. Just don't expect silver trays or silverware. I received paper boxes. The pools are nice but cthe larger pool could use some restoration. All of the dining facities are cheap and the food is very good. Service is prompt. Don't expect valet service or turndown service.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
N. Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 11, 2004

This was one of our many stays at the Hale Koa. We celebrated our 50th anniversary there two years ago and returned this year for our 52nd. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else on Oahu. The rates are reasonable, the rooms are comfortable and the view is outstanding, especially from an Ocean Front Room. The restaurants are fine for daytime meals, but we prefer next door at the Hilton for fine dining. The grounds are like an oasis in Waikiki with many varieties of flora and species of birds flying aboutl. The staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. The airy and comfortable lobby is ideal for peaceful resting and people watching.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lompoc, CA
Reviewed May 5, 2004

A a friend of mine and i recently stayed at the Hale
Koa April 17, 2004 for a week it was wonderful. Registration was easy and fast.Our rooms were up graded to a partial ocean view. Hale Koa is like a little self contained city. You don't have to leave the premises unless you want to. the Bx is on the hotel property. The four resturants the food was wonderful and presentation of food and menus selection was wonderful. The entertainment was impeccable. The Luau was our favorite with a beautiful array of food the service was excellent. Tour agency is on the premises to book tours and provide tour buses that come to the hotel. The beach is beautiful we watched fire works one night.
A unual treat was a group of military men gave a mini concert on the patio. Some of the local craft people sold their products on friday There is so much to do. I hope to go back again and again!
sincerely,

Loretta and Izora

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed May 3, 2004

My family and I stayed at the Hale Koa in October 2003 when we first moved to Hawaii. We've now been living here for 7 months, and still talk about what a wonderful time we had. It was the most enjoyable thing we've done since being on the island, not to include the great prices!!! I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever about our experience there. Clean rooms, beautiful views, awsome beach access, great staff, and ono food!! We plan on attending the luau again in June with my mother, and I just found out that Danny Couch is no longer with the hotel. Has anyone seen the new show (since Jan 2004)? Danny did an outstanding job, and I'm hoping the new show can compair.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member