“Loved the Hale Koa”
Review of Hale Koa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Hale Koa Hotel
Elk Grove, CA
Reviewed April 15, 2004

We were at the Hale Koa from 3/30-4/6 of this year. We loved it...the rooms were clean, the grounds and service suberb, the food excellent...and yes, to answer another review, we had a refrigerator in our room. The room service was not any more expensive than going to the restaurants, the snack bar was cheap, I don't understand why someone would miss a microwave. It is a vacation !!! My only complaint is that we didn't stay longer, and that is our fault. After walking along the beach and seeing the beach and pool areas of the the other hotels, I can't imagine staying anywhere but the Hale Koa.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Hale Koa Hotel

Reviewed April 13, 2004

My Son is with the Blackhawk & Apache helicopters stationed at Wheeler AAF Base. He was being deployed to Afganistan the week after my visit. We were so lucky to get an Oceanview room and experience the Hale Koa. The rooms, food, service and grounds were far above our expectations It made the room bill a super bargain. We plan on going back upon his return and give the Hale Koa the highest possible review.

8  Thank gilligan
New Orleans , La
Reviewed April 10, 2004

I read criticism about no refrigerators , everytime I have been there I had a small one . We would keep milk and drinks in it , the snack-bar is cheap ( $2 -$3 a person ) and you can have a complete dinner in one of the restaurants for under $ 10. a person .The staff is great , the rooms are great and VERY cheap and I cannot wait to visit again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2004

Sure there's lots of nice things about the Hale Koa, but I found it very inconvenient not to have a refrigerator, a coffee maker, or a microwave in the room. IN some rooms there is a tiny mini-bar, but that is too small to fit other food items or larger drinks in.

It seems that they're trying to encourage people to order room service or go to their restaurants. This is annoying and expensive So many other tourist hotels offer these amenities that I feel a bit cheated when staying at the Hale Koa.

9  Thank TraciMadison
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed April 2, 2004

I have stayed at the Hale Koa hotel 4 times, coming up on my 5th. If you are eligible (Armed Forces Retiree or current member) then consider no other place on the island. The staff is top drawer and the facilities excellent.

Ken

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2004

the hale koa for about 24 years has been our paradice we watched it grow each year with much elation we were part of a the greatest gathering of our countrys citizens.and true friends who looked forward to gathering together as family who gave there best for there fellow man and country.the personnel that take care of us are the greatest they to are hale koa family me and my late wife joann thank all the friends friends we made in those years bessie your desk people are the greatest you run a 4.o plus hotel .i hope to return and relive those memories again soon .it may not be the same but i will be with family

3  Thank august a galant... g
Fayetteville, Ga
Reviewed March 23, 2004

My husband was stationed at Schofield Barracks, many years ago, we stayed at the Hale Koa many times and attended many functions there, we always took our vistors there for the luau, brunches, holidays. it truly was a wonderful hotel. The children are grown now and 2 years ago, my husband and I returned for a visit and stayed at our favorite hotel and Island, well this year we are taking our son and his wife to oahu and the Hale Koa, we would'nt stay anywhere else. It is a beautiful hotel, and so much has remained the same as it was our first visit in 1986, the things that changed have made the hotel even more inviting. Of course we love oahu and are looking forward to our next vist in July 2004.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member