“Exceeded Expectations!!!”
Review of Hale Koa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Hale Koa Hotel
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Over the years a lot of my friends stayed at the hotel and said they had a great stay but I was somewhat skeptical until I got there. Wow I was blown away by the cleanliness and of the rooms (Llima Tower), the staff was always nice and helpful. They have a breakfast buffet for about $13.95 at one of the restaurants, the food was great! The small BX was well stocked with everything you need and the prices were not bad. We stayed on the 11th floor of the Llima Tower partial ocean view facing Diamond Head (made a request for this location based on a review on Trip Advisor and they gave it to us no problem). Since the balconies are angled out from the building pretty much all the rooms have a great view of the ocean. The gym was small but adequate; the pools were large and kept warm, plenty of chairs and tables to go around. We rented a car and the parking wan an additional $7.00 per night, not bad compared to what other places charge, $25.00 or more. The hotel is right on the beach, a very nice location. We will DEFINATLY will return next year.

Room Tip: Choose the Llima tower, its the newest one. Make sure you make reservations for the Luau, they sell...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lbadge
Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Check in went smooth, I had paid my first night in advance for an ocean view room. When I arrived though they did not have that available, so they upgraded me to an ocean front room. However it was on the 4th floor, Lovely room but we could not see too much of the Ocean/Beach since we were on a lower floor. Balcony on these types of rooms were spacious. Cleanliness of room top notch. Food choices were plentiful, including a Starbucks. But if you are not particular, coffee in the small store on ground floor was a lot less expensive. Those who can use the military exchange facility on the ground floor will find it has almost everything you might want. Barefoot bar on the beach was a great place to watch the Fireworks show. When booking a Luau at this hotel try to do it early and get closer to the stage, you then won;t have an obstructed view by poles. But Luau overall is well worth going to. Comedy show was very funny. I recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvtwotvl
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Exceptional price for hotel and restaurants. Awesome Luau and Comedy Show. Must try the Mai Tai's at the bar near the beach. Live performers every night with fireworks Tuesday and Fridays. The restaurant serves a great breakfast buffet for the best price in town and you should try the French Onion Soup for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Hanibl
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My Fiance and I stayed at the Hale Koa in April 2013! We really enjoyed the hotel very friendly and accomodating! Love the Beaches, accesible to plenty of high end to low end shopping! The Ala Moana was a hit for me! Loved the Army museum!!! Hopefully will be coming back next year for our 1st anniversay! Aloha!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonya G
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I stayed 10 days at the Hale Koa August 2013. It's unique on Waikiki due to the expanse of the property. While most hotels have little or no beachfront, Hale Koa has 500+ yards of beachfront as well as a sizeable park are and 400+ rooms of the resort. It's very family friendly with an adults only pool area for those who prefer the quiet. The only negative we found was the food in the restaurants was marginal at best but there are excellent choices within a couple of blocks so that wasn't a major issue. It's active, reserve and retired only so if you fit one of these categories, I highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jfarriba
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The grounds were beautiful and the beach was the widest and least crowded on Waikiki. The bed was very comfortable and the sound from other rooms was non-existent. All experiences with this hotel were great and the price is unbeatable with the amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank dbc187
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Hale Koa is breathtaking! This was the first time I stayed at a military owned property. It blew my mind. The open air lobby is gorgeous and inviting. There's a waterfall, plenty of seating to lounge around and tropical plants throughout.
When we walked in our room, we ran to the balcony to stare dead straight ahead at nothing but ocean. Oh my!!!!!! We kept the balcony door open the entire trip. Beds were comfy, bathroom was great, wonderful room overall.
On the property there's a huge Banyan tree that has lights strung in it for night time- so pretty! The exchange store is fabulous- best prices on items than anywhere we went. Must try the smoothie machine- F'Real- such a cool concept!
Bibas had very tasty food for dinner. There Hawaiiian pizza was yummy! Koko cafe had a buffet breakfast that my family enjoyed. The snow cones were good (Matsumoto's shave ice reins supreme by far though).
We had a blast in the main pool. They do make kids (not adults) get out the first 15 minutes of every hour. That was not great, but still we had fun!
The beach in front of the hotel is fabulous. The parking garage is pretty convenient, although across the street from the hotel. The hotel itself is in a great location in Waikiki. Easy to navigate around.
There's a gym with nice lockers and a scale if you want to keep in check while on vacation :-) The grounds of the hotel are very tropical and lush.
In total- can't wait to go back and stay at the Hale Koa!!!

Room Tip: 11th floor, full ocean view!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family