“Out standing Job”
Review of Hale Koa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Hale Koa Hotel
Elkin, North Carolina
“Out standing Job”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This made our second trip to Hawii. We stayed at a civilian hotel at +the price and did not have near the aminaties. The view of the beach was beautiful, the palm trees between the hotels beformade a very scenic view.
My wife and I sat at the Bearfoot lounge and listened to the band while we drank a soda and listened to the waves.
My mother made the trip with us and she enjoyed the stay. The only problem we had was the elevator did not go all the way down the level of the PX and ground aminaties (mom is 80 years of age). She had by pass surgery 6 months before the trip and walking up and down the steps made it hard on her.
The room was not a large room, however it was not our intent to spend much time there and we did not.
The hotel is within walking distance many attractions. The trolly stop is right across the street. The parking garage is also across the main road with plenty of parking. The next trip will not include a rented car. The hotel has a place to rent a car if you need one
The staff was very helpfull. They are knowlegable of the tourist places and thigs to do.
Good stay and will do it agin.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ronj123_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall this is a great opportunity for military personnel. The hotel on either side during the summer is five times the cost. Now the Alhoa flair may not be 100% but the staff were friendly and it meet all our needs. Shame really with a little love this place could be the best on the strip. When we fly through we always head to Dukes. That atmosphere could be generated here and military and civil sun guests would frequent this place like the clubs of old. Pool does close to early, parking is great! Water rentals are reasonable considering location but an MWR locker would be appreciated. This would be as easy as manning the exchange and would get more use than Hickham or Pearl. However, it was a great trip and I will be coming back which is why most these comments will fall on deaf ears.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank cu52
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our (my wife and I) first stay at the Hale Koa. We made our reservations last September and stayed this July for a week. We paid for the ocean view and it was magnificent. The room was the average size with a lanai. The room includes a small refrigerator, ironing board/iron and an average size flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. Breakfast at the Koko Cafe is buffet and is well worth it. The "Barefoot Bar" next to beach is a great place to relax and have a Mai Tai at sunset. Ahhhhh ... Overall, a very good stay. I have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (next door) on a number of occasions in the past and the Hale Koa is not a step down at all. In fact, it makes more sense to stay at the Hale Koa if you have that choice. It has the best beach front on Waikiki - and that is a fact. The staff was very good. The only thing that seemed sub-par was the WiFi. I didn't mind, but I bet kids would care deeply about this. I hope this R&R benefit (affordable vacation) is not one that is taken away from us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LivinginSanAntonio
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A very special place with the emphasis on serving the guests as they have served our country. Never felt more welcome, the Hawaiian way. Please come and experience the special Hawaiian hospitality. Enjoy the Barefoot bar and the best MaiTai in the islands, relax by the pool or lavish in the beauty of Waikiki, it is a magical place, a great place to renew that romance,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was our first time in Hawaii, and I guess I was expecting too much. The lobby was beautiful, but the room wasn't anything special. But all was okay since I didn't plan on spending too much time there. We were in Hawaii for my daughter's beach wedding. Even though a lot of things about Hawaii was disappointing (we will never come again during tourist season) the wedding was beautiful, and outshadowed any bad memories. But when we tried to leave, I got locked in the room. We were packed and ready to go, we opened the door and I realized I left something. I went back in and the door closed behind me. It was locked, even from the inside. My husband went to the lobby, security said there was no way back in. A worker had to go next door, climb over that balcony into mine and take the door off the hinges. Another worker kicked the door til it came off. I've heard of being secure, but this is crazy. On the 10th floor, it wouldn't seem safe to not have any other way in. What if there was a fire, or if I was a child who got locked in by my self. This problem should change.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tony g
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first time at the Hale Koa and I would definitely return. My husband has been retired for 14 years so we not only enjoyed the hotel but it was wonderful to be surrounded by military folks again. It is especially nice to see that our young military members have a reasonable priced hotel that they too can enjoy, especially since Honolulu is so expensive. We are seasoned travelers and I work within the travel industry and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and its amenities. The room was perfect, the beds comfortable and we had a partial ocean view that we enjoyed each morning (although we had no refrigerator that several people mentioned). We loved the breakfast buffet at the Koko Cafe, the Barefoot Bar each evening, the little hamburger place near the beach and the Luau was perfect. We were glad we decided to attend the Hale Koa Luau instead of driving 2 hours to another one on the island.....the ending of the show was a very nice touch, dedicated to all of our service members (it made me teary eyed). I especially enjoyed the beach...very clean, the water was clear and it was nice to only pay $20 to have a beach umbrella and chairs set up for you for 4 hours. It was great having a small PX there too...this helped to keep our costs down tremendously. The hotel was sold out during our stay but because the property is so large and has so much to offer, you would have never known there were so many people there. The only thing that I thought was lacking was an upscale place for dinner but it was no big deal as there are many options close by (expensive though). All in all, a great trip and I do hope to return!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mary M
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hale Koa Hotel on the beach at Waikiki , Honolulu is an outstanding resort facility for all active duty and retired military personnel.
We had a fantastic time from the time we checked in on 27 June to the time we left on 5 July 2013.
The 4th of July was a spectaclar fire works display along the ocean. 100's of people as well as many boats that were off shore to view this special event were not disappointed.

The word has been out for a long while about the Hale Koa. For those of you in the military that have never stayed there, you will be in for a wonderfull experience, especially with your kids.
This beautiful hotel is centraly located among the best hotels in Waikiki area. A wonderfull beach front property with a lot of water sports to enjoy.. Excellent resturants on site , especially the breakfast buffett! WOW!. The hotel staff are excepionally nice. The rooms are wonderfull and you could not ask for a better place to spend your vacation.
Be sure to book the Luau for a great eveining of food and entertainment!
Your Kids will love it!
Aloha
Sydney Paul

Room Tip: Ocean front are the best and command the top price and you will need to book early.The Ocean View ro...