All reviews budget hotel waikiki beach two blocks kapiolani park place to sleep studio room honolulu zoo bed was comfortable would stay here again abc store an older hotel location is great free upgrade front desk staff up to date per day the aloha spirit
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Nicely located about 1block from Waikiki beach and all the actions and attractions. You can catch a bus in any directions - car not necessary. The hotel is being renovated. New carpet in every room and the bed is comfortable.Daily room service. The kitchenet has two stoves. There were two pots available. But only one is good for cooking or for stir fry. Bring along your favourite pot or pan if you are planning to preprare your dinners. Breakfast is provided with your stay. Bread, buttter, jam, boiled eggs, Canadian Timbits, tea, coffee and orange juice your basic breakfast. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Overall a good price hotel for under $100.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DOC431
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The hotel was fine and as expected for the cost ($89/night). The only complaint we have is that clothing and other personal items mysteriously disappeared over the course of our stay. Obviously we brought too much stuff as hotel staff thought they would help us out by alleviating our load and helping themselves to our stuff. Unfortunate because the location and cost was just right, but I guess one gets what one pays for. In this case, ripped off!!! When we confronted the managers all they suggested was to file a police report rather than apologize and help us obtain back our things. Since only their hotel staff has access to rooms it is fairly obvious the culprit. Anyhow, I recommend the hotel but don't bring anything (clothing or otherwise, including medications) you might need or care about. Aloha!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank gypsybio
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Rooms are clean, mine had new carpet. Beds are very comfortable. Room has a balcony with a view ( ya not just another building, but the mounts are in ½ view and pleasant. ) The AC cranks and I used it much! Staff very friendly – and shared some wonderful Dinner eating places. Breakfast is boiled eggs, toast and coffee / Tea and OJ.

Location is perfect 1 block from Waikiki beach. EWA has mats, chairs etc for the beach for free. Also near to the Zoo, Diamond Head and Aquarium. If you have a car they have parking reasonable rates. Wifi included. They don’t nickel and dime you like some hotel chains.

There is no pool and the sun deck is closed for renovations – The ocean is perfect – I would not care to pay extra for a pool or sun deck; but that’s me.

Its comfortable, reasonable rates and you will enjoy your stay. Good value in great location in a beautiful location of the world. I stayed at the Hilton the week before – 2.5 times the cost. I would return to EWA rather than the more exotic but pricy hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank OBeeJay
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Booked in here by my production company. My Hawaiian producer thought it was hilarious that i'd been put in "some 50 buck hotel."
But actually I'm rather fond of the Ewa. It does everything simply , well, and cheap. Breakfast is boiled eggs, toast and coffee. Rooms are clean, staff very friendly. You can be on a board surfing 10 minutes after walking out the door.
What's not to like about that ?

Date of stay: November 2010
1  Thank Clk1969
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night while transiting HNL. Location is quite good, but the room was very small. It was only just adequate for a single traveller, but would have been too small for two people. There was an old double bed in the room, but no table, so I had to use the fridge for this purpose.

On the plus side there was free wifi and continental breakfast, which was adequate.

I have stayed in nicer places in Honolulu for similar money.

Date of stay: November 2010