All reviewsbudget hotelwaikiki beachtwo blockskapiolani parkhonolulu zoobed was comfortableabc storewould stay here againan older hotellocation is greatfree upgradefront desk staffper dayup to datediamond headkitchenetteetsu
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading all of these negative reviews I have to admit I was a bit concerned. When I walked in today the front desk guy was super nice and professional. The hotel smells great( unlike that dump in Daytona last year). My room is clean and there is A/C. Great! Super happy. Mahalo ! Mark-room 407.

• Stayed: March 2013
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Aloha WalkingCrow,

Thank you for your review! We strive with each review to better the hotel. We hope to you see you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel is well kepted up , friendly hotel staff, rooms are small,not a bad thing. good location a block from the main drag.one elevator,it groans a little from time to time. be nice if they can do something to the door by the stairs on the 7th floor by room 703 so it won't slam everytime someone uses it.

Room Tip: parking is extra, no breakfast. 8th floor have to walk up one flight of stairs, they have a nice area outside to sit and read, not real able to see the ocean from there.I would stay there again.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrgsrg

Aloha Mrgsrg,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will definitely do something about the door by 703. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Ewa Hotel is fine as a budget hotel. My room was clean and comfortable and was perfect for the price I paid. The few issues I had: 1. There was a large gap between the floor and the door allowing noise from the outside hall to easily enter. Door seals aren't that expensive and would be a nice addition to allow for more privacy and noise reduction. 2. The only lock was a dead bolt. Again it would be nice to have more then one lock to ensure security. 3. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful but couldn't offer me any advice on how to get to Pearl Harbor without a car, which I thought I was bizarre for a hotel in the middle of Waikiki. However, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a comfortable and affordable stay in Waikiki and who is fine with not staying in one of the higher end resort hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Aloha Caylen2005,

Mahalo for your review here at TripAdvisor. We are currently in the process of refreshing our rooms and with that being said, we are actively pursuing a solution for the gaps between the door and the floor and changing out the deadbolt. Also, I also found your comment about not getting the information on how to go to Pearl Harbor without a car concerning and will definitely re-train the staff when I address them during our next staff meeting. But aside from these, I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Should your travels bring you back to Hawaii, hopefully you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Ewa Hotel offers the perfect location for a quiet stay in Waikiki. It is close to all the amenities including the bus stop, and to world famous Waikiki Beach. Our room was quiet, clean, but on the small side. The new bed mattress was amazingly comfortable. The coffee maker and mini fridge enabled us to start our day with Hawaiian coffee. I would recommend this hotel to those not interested in spending much time in their room, and are there to enjoy Hawaii. The Ewa Hotel staff provided excellent service, especially with regards to our luggage storage on our arrival and departure days. Much Aloha Spirit was shown. Mahalo !

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor towards the end of the hall away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha LoveHawaii758,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our bed mattresses and appreciate the fact that you found them comfortable. Hopefully when you come back to Hawaii, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got up around 3 am to go to a bathroom and found about a dozen of cockroaches fleeing all over the place when I turned on the light. My room was very tiny and next to the elevator. It was very noisy from people going in & out from the elevator. I don't think I will stay there ever again.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank WahineKea777
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Aloha WahineKea777,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize for your bad experience with pests. We take pest control very seriously. Located in a tropical environment, we do our best to control pests, however, despite our efforts, sometimes they do appear. I wonder if you had reported this to the front desk as we do not have any record of the pests you mentioned in any of our Moderate Rooms. But since reading your review, we have called our professional pest control company to re-treat all of our Moderate Rooms as a precautionary measure.

Despite this, I hope that the rest of your stay in Hawaii was enjoyable.