All reviewsbudget hotelwaikiki beachtwo blockskapiolani parkhonolulu zoobed was comfortableabc storewould stay here againan older hotellocation is greatfree upgradefront desk staffper dayup to datediamond headkitchenetteetsu
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent 9 nights at the Ewa. Its location can't be faulted, close to the beach, The Bus, and the main tourist strip. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, it had a fridge and a coffee maker (which we didn't use because Starbucks was around the corner). There was next to no information on what to see and do, but there are stands along the street with all that so I don't suppose it was a big loss. The wall between the next room was not well insulated for sound and we had one lot of noisy neighbours.The internet in the foyer was slow and in the room it was expensive, but there is a Starbucks and a McDonalds nearby and they have free internet. If you want to be near the big hotels but not in them, the Ewa may be for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew P
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Aloha Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at EWA Hotel Waikiki. We are definitely fine-tuning our WiFi access and working closely with out vendor to improve the strength of the connection. We are also looking for ways to fix the insulation of the walls and hopefully we have this all fix when you visit us again soon.

Thank you!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I paid so little for this hotel that I was expecting it to be really average, but it was so much value for money. Although its not central to the heart of Kalakaua Avenue, its still so close to everything and there is still a lot of nightlife nearby.

Furnishings were really nice, although we got two single beds which I didn't expect.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank RoyalTemptress

Aloha RoyalTemptress,

Mahalo for your kind comments. We definitely love our location and glad you enjoyed your stay! Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I recently spend 10 days at Ewa, and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We stayed in a two room suite. (A main room with two beds, a tv, kitchenette, microwave, and then a smaller attached room with two additional beds). It worked perfectly for our family of 4.

The room was not the most up-to-date room I've stayed in. The furniture and technology was slightly outdated but never dirty. The lock (which uses a real key) was sometimes hard to open, and there was some noise from the rooms next to us. Despite all of these things, I still give Ewa 5 stars because the staff was fabulous and helpful, everything was very clean, including the bathroom and kitchenette), parking, although an extra cost, was easy, the beds are absurdly comfortable and clean for a budget hotel, and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. This place could not be in a better place for easy access to the best of Waikiki. An easy 2-block walk to the beach, one block to the zoo, and many restaurants and attractions all around.

The roof has a lovely private area with plants, tables, and chairs for enjoying a meal or laying out in the sun. No pool but why would you need one when you're a 3 minute walk from the ocean? Our view of the city/mountains was beautiful from the private balcony.

I would have stayed forever if I could have! I'll never stay anywhere else in Waikiki.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Zach C

Aloha Zach C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We would have loved it if you were able to stay with us forever too! :-)

Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for ninety days from mid-September to mid-December. This was my tenth time to stay here in the last fifteen years. In March Aqua Hotels took over management of the hotel and they are continually making improvements. There was a coffeemaker, refrigerator and a microwave my the room. The entire staff was friendly and gave me good ideas of places to see and restaurants to try. There were no major problems during my stay. A light bulb did burn out in my room and maintenance replaced the bulb in only a few minutes. The housekeeping department did a great job keeping my room clean. I look forward to returning for trip number eleven in September.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Southernhaole
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Aloha Southernhaole,

Mahalo Nui for your kind and great comments! I am sure that the staff will be tickled pink when I share them your review. We are working diligently in improving the property and I am glad that it made you happy. See you back again in September!!!

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here December 2012 I loved the parking. As far as Waikiki goes, its the best. We booked a regular room granted it did say 2 twins or 1 queen but we got the 2 twins of course. We were on our honeymoon, so that was kind of disappointing. We ended up taking off the mattresses and put them on the floor :) all in all its a good hotel if your looking for nothing fancy just to sleep there. There's no amenities

1  Thank Noboundaries3690

Aloha Noboundaries3690,

Thank you for your review. I'm a bit confused though as to what type of bugs you are referring to? The property has a preventive maintenance program that once a month rooms are being treated for "bugs" to prevent any infestation. But I am glad to see that this didn't prevent you from enjoying your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us!!!