“Great deal”
Review of Ewa Hotel

Ewa Hotel
Ranked #69 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I recently spend 10 days at Ewa, and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We stayed in a two room suite. (A main room with two beds, a tv, kitchenette, microwave, and then a smaller attached room with two additional beds). It worked perfectly for our family of 4.

The room was not the most up-to-date room I've stayed in. The furniture and technology was slightly outdated but never dirty. The lock (which uses a real key) was sometimes hard to open, and there was some noise from the rooms next to us. Despite all of these things, I still give Ewa 5 stars because the staff was fabulous and helpful, everything was very clean, including the bathroom and kitchenette), parking, although an extra cost, was easy, the beds are absurdly comfortable and clean for a budget hotel, and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. This place could not be in a better place for easy access to the best of Waikiki. An easy 2-block walk to the beach, one block to the zoo, and many restaurants and attractions all around.

The roof has a lovely private area with plants, tables, and chairs for enjoying a meal or laying out in the sun. No pool but why would you need one when you're a 3 minute walk from the ocean? Our view of the city/mountains was beautiful from the private balcony.

I would have stayed forever if I could have! I'll never stay anywhere else in Waikiki.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Zach C
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Aloha Zach C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We would have loved it if you were able to stay with us forever too! :-)

Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for ninety days from mid-September to mid-December. This was my tenth time to stay here in the last fifteen years. In March Aqua Hotels took over management of the hotel and they are continually making improvements. There was a coffeemaker, refrigerator and a microwave my the room. The entire staff was friendly and gave me good ideas of places to see and restaurants to try. There were no major problems during my stay. A light bulb did burn out in my room and maintenance replaced the bulb in only a few minutes. The housekeeping department did a great job keeping my room clean. I look forward to returning for trip number eleven in September.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Southernhaole
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Aloha Southernhaole,

Mahalo Nui for your kind and great comments! I am sure that the staff will be tickled pink when I share them your review. We are working diligently in improving the property and I am glad that it made you happy. See you back again in September!!!

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here December 2012 I loved the parking. As far as Waikiki goes, its the best. We booked a regular room granted it did say 2 twins or 1 queen but we got the 2 twins of course. We were on our honeymoon, so that was kind of disappointing. We ended up taking off the mattresses and put them on the floor :) all in all its a good hotel if your looking for nothing fancy just to sleep there. There's no amenities

1  Thank Noboundaries3690

Aloha Noboundaries3690,

Thank you for your review. I'm a bit confused though as to what type of bugs you are referring to? The property has a preventive maintenance program that once a month rooms are being treated for "bugs" to prevent any infestation. But I am glad to see that this didn't prevent you from enjoying your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us!!!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed in a queen bed room with a city/mountain view for three nights in November. We selected one of the cheapest rooms we could find but were not disappointed. Our mountain view was actually Diamondhead which I really liked seeing the sunrise over it. The room was small and the furniture was not the latest styles but everything worked and was clean. The carpet looked very new and very clean. We had a nice little minifrig under the TV. The entire hotel was clean and well maintained. Parking was in small spot and was $20 a night but a special advertised for $25 you could get wifi and parking. One odd thing was that we started with two washcloths, two hand towels and two bath towels. The second day we only hand towels and bath towels and the third day we had only bath towels. It was not really a problem and we could always ask the front desk for more towels. The location was great with the zoo one block away and Waikiki Beach 1.5 blocks away. The front desk had signs highlighting the free movie on the beach one night. The bargain price compared to other hotels that had shady neighborhoods or cleanliness issues. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha TravelSueLR,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the property! We are currently working on acquiring more towels and I am glad that this did not hinder your enjoyment of the property. Visit us again soon!!!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great place to stay for a weekend. Great location and good pricing for the rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have stayed at the Ewa on each of my trips to the Islands over the last few years.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Aloha Richard_Traveler_12,

Thank you for being a loyal guest to Ewa Hotel Waikiki. We value and appreciate your business. Come back again soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Myself and two friends stayed at Ewa Hotel Wakiki for 7 nights in November 2012 and found it to be a wonderful hotel with friendly, helpful staff. The hotel was only two blocks from Waikiki Beach and very close to transport (The Bus and trollies). It was also very close to the famous Teddy's Bigger Burgers!! We had a great time on our first visit to Waikiki and it helped knowing we had a great place to stay each night. I would definitely reccommend Ewa Hotel to friends & family and would not hesitate in staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Seznz

Aloha Seznz,

Thank you so much for posting a review! Our location is one of our greatest selling feature and I am glad that you enjoyed your first trip to Hawaii by staying at Ewa Hotel. Teddy's Bigger Burgers is also a crowd-pleaser! Please come back again and we'll make sure your second visit to Hawaii will surpass your experiences from the first. :-)

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is wonderful! When i go back to Honolulu, i will stay there again. I am recommending it to all my friends who will be visiting Honolulu. The location is extremely central. Only a couple minutes walk to the beach. The staff members are very friendly and helpful especially, John. The housekeeping also did a wonderful job.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken H

Aloha Ken H,

Thank you for your kind comments. Be assured that I will pass on your praises to the staff and to Jon. See you soon!!!