“Fantastic”

Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed October 13, 2004

My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. The hotel was fantastic, the location was superb, beach for me, shops for her, plenty of restaurants nearby but the wonderfull dukes has by far the best buffet breakfast around.
Would definately stay here agiain.

3  Thank kingeric78
There are newer reviews for Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort

Reviewed October 9, 2004

Stayed at the Outrigger from 10/2 to 10/7. Before picking this hotel, I read all the reviews on trip advisor & then agonized over which hotel to chose. No mistake here! It was definitely the right decision. We had a partial OV (very good view of the ocean) on the 10th Fl. The room was extremely clean & spacious. The maid service was excellent. Our room was always made up in the AM. We had a little trouble with the bathroom drain---as soon as I reported it, it was attended to with no delay. The only criticism I can offer is that the plumbing was a little gurgley & sometimes my husband said he could here the people next door. Not a big deal or annoying. The beach was wonderful & the water very calm, warm & clear blue. Plenty of chaise lounges at the pool, not necessary to go down at the crack of dawn to save your seat, like at some other resorts I've been to. The location was fabulous--out the front door & you're in all the action. Restaurants, shows, shopping, etc. all within walking distance. Great show in the hotel, The Society of Seven. Don't miss it !!! Duke's Canoe Club has great atmosphere & good food at moderate prices for Waikiki. The breakfast buffet is extensive & Very good. All in all, we loved it & would stay here again.

5  Thank sand&surf
Reviewed September 20, 2004

I recently stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. I thoroughly enjoyed my entire vacation. Upon arrival I was immediately upgraded to a partial ocean-view room on the 16th floor. It was absolutely fabulous. The staff was very accommodating. They even allowed me to look at two different rooms and decide which one I wanted. I did not encounter any problems with room noise. The location of the Outrigger is the best!!!! It is directly across the street from the International Market and within walking distance of the Royal Hawaiian shopping which is magnificent. Of course there is an ABC store conveniently located across the street too. The only thing I have to complain about is the price of the umbrella rental on the beach. Otherwise I had a most wonderful vacation and would definitely return to the Outrigger again.

3  Thank SanAustin_TX
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed September 19, 2004

My girlfriend and I visited hawaii for the first time. We stayed 5 nights at the outrigger waikiki on the beach. As soon as you arrive at the hotel, you know you're in hawaii. The hotel staff is very friendly, food is excellent. They even have a laundry facility. Five nights in hawaii is not enough, that why we're thinking about going back. Thank you for having us. Looking forward to seing you again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2004

Stayed at the Outrigger in June, 2004.
Good points: 1. LOCATION! Beautiful ocean view out of our window and the hotel is right in the heart of Waikiki - close to restaurants and shopping
2. Dukes for breakfast - good food and staff was warm and friendly

Bad points: 1. LOCATION! Yep, it's in the middle of Waikiki, and it's CROWDED. Our rental van had a smear of someone else's bumper on the side door (thank you, valet parking) - luckily we were able to buff it out. Parking is ALL Valet, and about 50% of the time we couldn't get into the driveway because of all of the cars and pedestrians. Some of the valets were great, others stood and chatted while cars lined up on the street to get in.
2. Our room had a connecting door with the room next door. We could hear our neighbor's conversations, water running, luggage being opened and shut, and lots of other interesting noises. Luckily, our neighbors were generally quiet - I don't know what we would have done if it was a group of rowdy kids!
3. The pool is small - really, really small.

• Stayed: June 2004
7  Thank Pam101059
Reviewed September 16, 2004

My husband and I recently took our fourth trip to Hawaii and again stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach for the second time. The first two times we stayed at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach, just a few hotels down. The beach at the Reef is all coral and rocks, not great for swimming at all. The beach at the Outrigger Waikiki is the best...sand bottom and shallow for a great distance out. There are perfect small waves to play in. The beach does get crowded, but it's not too bad. We always stay in an Oceanview room. The hotel just remodeled all their rooms and they are amazing. The staff was wonderful and the hotel is immaculate. Duke's is a great place to eat dinner or breakfast...they have the best breakfast buffet around. The location is perfect, you walk out the front of the hotel and you can cross the street into the International Market Place or walk a few blocks either way for more shopping and eating. It's central to all of Waikiki. We also stayed at the Turtle Bay on the North Shore. In Waikiki it's a lot more crowded and noisier, but still beautiful and relaxing. The North Shore is just so peaceful and untouched...much better for peace and quiet.

8  Thank HawaiiGirl01
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2004

Outrigger puts "customer" in Customer Service. GINA & other young men at registration, thank you for professionalism re travel agent problems. Location & price cannot be beat--from lobby to beach in less than 3 mins. Activities Desk--guy from Detroit--thanks, you are a riot! Now broke, but this was money well spent & cannot wait to return. Oceanfront, B'fast on lanai directly over beach--can't ask for more. Maholo!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member