“A Week In Paradise”

Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We enjoyed a fantastic week in Oahu at the Hilton Grand Waikikian. This resort is ideally located at the world famous Waikiki Beach where you can enjoy the sound of surf as feel the warm sand beneath your feet as you stroll this idyllic paradise. In addition to the vast expanses of the beach, Hilton has a private lagoon with a variety of water sports, such as paddle boards, kayaks, paddle boats and snorkeling. The views are incredible with picture perfect sunsets. Just a few blocks over from the beach a variety of stores and restaurants await your exploration and enjoyment. We went with another couple and this is definitely on your "to do" list every year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We took our 4 adult children along with their spouses/fiance's, we had 2-2 bedroom suites in the Lagoon Tower for them, and our room was in the Grand Wakikian. We all enjoyed our rooms and the good times we shared as a family at the various resturants around the facility. It was a great time for all, and I would highly recommend this trip to any family. There are many fun things to do as a family.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

One year ago, we stayed in a Hilton Vacation Village in Orlando. It was beautiful. We were so disappointed when we arrived at the Hilton Grand Waikikian last month.There was no comparison. Our ocean view was a ways away with a parking lot and a marina between our hotel and the ocean. Directly to the right of the main balcony was H1. A six lane highway. The balcony off the bedroom was directly above the highway. By the way, the balcony is off the second bedroom not the master. If I had children staying in that room I'd be very afraid.The furniture was old and the rooms needed fresh paint. Unless you went to the pool area at 8:00 and reserved a chair with your towel (which is against policy but they do not enforce it) you don't get a chair. To get a chair for the beach is $15 and an umbrella is an additional $27 (per person). We would never recommend the Hilton Grand Waikikian. Never!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pam F
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to give your input regarding your most recent stay. We were delighted to have you as a guest at our resort. Reading your review, it sounds as if you stayed in one of our 2 Bedroom Plus (partial ocean view) or 2 Bedroom Premier (ocean view) room. Unfortunately, Grand Waikikian Tower doesn’t have any “full ocean view” rooms and has limited “ocean view” due to the fact that the tower is built inward from the ocean compared to other towers and also next to the Mid-Pacific Conference Center. In regards to your comment about the pool area, I will pass to our Safety & Security Department Managers along with Waikiki Beach Activity (vendor) who takes care of the beach chair and umbrella rentals.
On behalf of the entire resort team, I would like to thank you once again for sharing your input with us and look forward to the next opportunity of having you as a guest at our resort.

Shiho Natori
Resort Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This isn`t hotel at all. I felt like at home for a 2 weeks. I must say that my family just slept and had a breakfast there. We left hotel everyday after breakfast and back in the evening.
There`re too many beautiful places in Oahu you need to go!!! Famous Waikiki beach is fine but not the best. So we stay at hotel beach maybe 1 or 2 days. But hotel is fine, we`d suite - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living room - so it was perfect for us (2 adults and 2 kids - 6, 11y old).
This year we`ll stay in Oahu for a month but in rental house couse we don`t want travel every day to nice beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

One of the people my wife works with is part of the timeshare culture and let us use her time here. Upon arrival everything was the way it should be, professional check in, professional baggage handling, etc. First impressions for looks were very good. We did not have an ocean view but city view which was kind of a nice change as we would be on the beach all day. One surprise is how busy the traffic is on the main road next to the hotel. The traffic in the entire city is as bad as I have seen. You will hear sirens and loud exhaust systems with the patio doors closed but it's not bad. I liked the city and mountain views at night. This is an enormous complex with several hotel buildings and a mini shop and restaurant area in the middle which was also a nice surprise. We shopped and ate at several of them, (Frescos, Tropics, one of the Japanese places, the pizza place and the ice cream place). I also liked the several ABC stores on site for snacks. We laid out by two of the pools and one day on the beach and rented an umbrella and beach lounge chairs, all placed for us by staff. (By the way for you cheap skates, tip these guys, as I saw many people not tip them after they lugged these items out to the beach and set them up for you). I also tried paddle boarding in the lagoon which was really fun. There is a car rental place on the premises and we rented a car for the day and drove the north shore, only 75 dollars. Don't waste money on the Atlantis sub ride, you don't see much. There was a huge party and band on Friday night in the common area which we could have attended but did not, it looked fun though. I have seen many posts about this being a "Japanese tailored property". I have to disagree. While there was a large contingent of Japanese tourists and staff to assist them, there are as many non Japanese staff and people staying as well. Frankly I liked it as it made the hotel an international experience for us. The room was a suite with a fold out couch and full kitchen which we stocked with items from the ABC store. Huge bathroom, jacuzzi tub, and large patio and sitting area. Nice flat screens, and comfy furniture. We did run out of toilet paper and towels and I talked to a worker in the hallway who promptly brought us what we needed.

Our next trip to Hawaii I don't think we would go to Waikiki or Oahu island as Maui was much more of the Hawaiian experience we were looking for, but if I had to go to Honolulu again, I would stay here no problem. Lots of pluses here, no real negatives, maybe the sheer size of the complex, but do your research first if this is a problem for you.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Sean L
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I can relax like your own home. It is a feeling that went back to home unlike hotels! I feel freshness "It's - Hawaii oh" very much I bought farmers' market fruits and vegetables, and eat in the lanai by creating a healthy smoothies in the morning because there is a full kitchen. The ~ I can make anything right refrigerator, rice cooker, microwave, oven, coffee maker, juicer, dishwasher equipped with We will always walk to serve as the exercise because about 10 minutes to walk to Ala Moana Shopping Center. It is good for health because it walk and well being in Hawaii.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The resort was fine. Nice pool and friendly staff. But the hotel left a lot to be desired. The furniture was worn out with scratches all over it. Our bedroom wardrobe wouldn't close and swung open taking one lower drawer along with it. And the enamel of our tub was chipped. Not what I expect from a Hilton brand. Best Western maybe, but not Hilton. But the worst part of our room was the view. We paid for a partial ocean view. And I recognize that we would only see a sliver of the ocean, which is fine. But what I don't expect from a partial ocean view (read = charged extra money) is a full frontal view of a very busy loud and smoggy street! Seriously?! This is the second highest category of view and I get the luxury of trying to sip my morning coffee while looking at the morning commute?! Never again. Stay at the Lagoon or Kalia.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to provide us with your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We were delighted to have you as a guest at our resort and would very much like to follow up in regards to Partial Ocean View category at Grand Waikikian Tower. This is not something the resort can make a decision or change right away however we will take the necessary steps to follow up with the appropriate department to improve our service. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at our resort was less than satisfactory. Please know that every member of our team wants to ensure that our guests are leaving our resort feeling extremely satisfied. Our entire resort team values any feedback we can receive from our guests. It is through this feedback that we are able to identify areas that may be in need of improvement as well as recognizing areas in which we do well. On behalf of the entire resort team, I would like to thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and we hope for the next opportunity of having you as a guest at our resort.

Akiko Shiratori