“Nothing Grand” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Spring, Texas
“Nothing Grand”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The best thing is it is located in the heart of Waikiki. The rooms are nice, the pools are cold an the lagoon well bring a wetsuit. If you like to feel like you at at the mall on vacation than this is the resort for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for staying at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations and for taking time to give us your input to my resort team regarding your most recent stay. We were delighted to have you as a guest at our resort and are very happy to see that you were satisfied with the overall experience of your stay.
Your comments reflect a good experience in many areas of your stay, we strive to achieve a perfect 10 in all areas. Knowing that our commitment to achieving this goal will require us to adjust and reevaluate our services, our entire resort team values all feedback we can receive from our owners and guests as it can identify areas that may be in need of improvement as well as recognizing areas in which we do well.
On behalf of the entire resort team, I would like to thank you once again for sharing your input with us and look forward to the next opportunity of having you as a guest at our resort.
Shiho Natori
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Chiba, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellent facility/accomodation and nice place for work in a relux environment, it is attaractive for me to work. I am a Telecommunications consultant, and only this thing I need for work, it is internet access. I work for my clients and phone conversation with my clients. After work, seaside walking reflesh me up gently. I do visit HGVC facility for not only relaxization but also for work. End of this month. I will visit Vegas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Hidekata Y
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have stayed here several times and have always been extremely happy. The penthouse concierges and the serving staff in the penthouse lounge are second to none.

We love the suites and their amenities and would never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Personally, we like the Diamond Head view on a higher floor. We did stay on the other side this yea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pmcaton
kanagawa, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was good to have from being let me play safely in the pool and lagoon small children because it was together. The children had fun in so close, you can also picnic in the park, such as shopping malls. I think enjoy nothing more did not activity, but children when they grow. Fun for example is are there such as penguins, but my daughter though was chasing the pigeons. I was able to eat the best breakfast on the terrace of Room with a view overlooking the sea and my wife

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Masanori H
palm beach, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great staff, comfortable accommodations, but very crowded and in the midst of a busy city. Not a place for couples seeking a quiet paradise. The entire complex of hotels is congested and too touristy. Mobs of people on the grounds and around the small crowded pools. The resort is not on the beach as claimed, but a short walk to Waikiki Beach which is noisy and crowded. Not a peaceful and relaxing setting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

3 Thank Paul Richard T
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for feedback. We were really please that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is located adjacent to Waikiki Beach, in fact we are the most Western property on Waikiki Beach and as we have 7 towers located within the Village, it can take a little walk to get to the beach from some of the towers set back from the beach. Many couples that opt for a quiet getaway in Paradise chose one of our other properties located on the Big Island called within the Waikoloa Village, located far away from any population center. Honolulu is a city of 850,000 on an island of 930,000 and we are a vibrant city for shopping, dining as well as hiking and beach activities.

We look forward to your next visit and hope we can help you with some day trips by car or by boat!!

John Reagan
Resort Manager
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Aloha,
We stayed at The Grand Waikikian in September 2013 for 2 glorious weeks. I was very nervous prior to our travel as I had booked direct through Hilton Vacation Ownership and we had to do a timeshare presentation. I must admit I was checking trip advisor regularly to see if I could get a good understanding of the hotel. I was scared at some points with peoples reviews of the properties but just kept thinking that was their opinion only.
We arrived at the hotel at 9am to a lovely and hospitable welcome. Our room was not ready (which we had expected), so they let us shower and refresh on Level 8, which was just what we needed. So we hit the streets for breakfast with our buzzer in our hands waiting for our room. We got a beep at 1pm and we were in our room absolutely thrilled at what we had been given. I could finally relax.. it truly was fantastic and exceeded all my expectations. Dennis our personal concierge had already left a lovely message for us and we felt like all was going to be great... which it was.
The 2 Bedroom Apartment was fantastic and spacious. I have 2 boys with food allergies, so the kitchen was my best friend. It was well equipped with pots and pans. We had enough crockery and glasses for 6 people which was enough for us. In Bedroom 2 we had 2 double beds which was great and a king in the Master Room. Make sure you get above 7th floor if you are staying on the resort side as you do not want to be looking at the car park. I would have been so upset with that view, especially after travelling 11 hours from Australia.
The pool area is fantastic but very busy. My only complaint is that people would leave their towel on seats and leave the hotel. I had a couple do it in front of us. They left the grounds with their towels on the seats, then came back over an hour later. This is so not fair as you want to watch your children whilst they are playing in the pool. This might be something for the hotel to look into. (Very hard to control though). I said to my husband that the pool with the slides lacked poolside service. But on our last 3 days this became available with a cafe opening up. Fantastic to sit with a cocktail by the pool.
We did many tours, which were fantastic. The only downside to this is that we had to walk all the way to the tour desk on the other side of Hilton Hawaiian Village to get collected. At 6.30 or 7.45 in the morning and 2 kids this was a bit of a task. They should be able to collect you from Grand Waikikian entrance, It would make it a bit easier.

The location is a bit further out from Kalakahua Ave but it is an easy 15 min walk. If you want to be in the middle of it all then maybe this is not for you. We were happy with the location as it was a 10 minute beachside walk to Trump on Kalia RD, and a 10 minute walk in the other direction to Ala Moana Shopping Centre. We ended up buying a 7 day Waikiki Trolley pass that came in handy when my little boy was too tired to walk back.

It was time to do the Timeshare presentation. Coming from Australia we really didn't know much about it, but we were interested to find out. We did not feel at all under any pressure to buy. Melissa our agent was lovely and then we met Ron which was great. I just wish we had more information before we attended as we were not going to commit to a $30,000 purchase until I spoke to my accountant. I would have liked more information to bring home with me so I could investigate this option for us more closely. We were offered a deal to come back and stay by 2015, but didn't take it up at the time as i felt like information overload. I like to contemplate things before I jump in and buy. We decided to take up this offer as it would allow us to investigate time share more closely at Hilton. To this day I am still waiting on a response from phone calls, messages left prior to leaving Grand Waikikian,nand emails re this offer, which is pretty disappointing.

In Conclusion, we had the most amazing time on our holiday and it would have not been as memorable if it wasn't for the care to detail and patience of Linda Bade. She made our Hawaii trip so successful and we are now organising our next one. You will love your stay at Grand Waikikian. Mahalo

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, then don't book facing the resort side as the Luau was on nearly ev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa D
Grovetown, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Grand Waikikian tower for a week. My husband and I brought our two grown daughters with us. We all felt that we had died and gone to heaven! What a beautiful view we had from the 30th floor! The employees were all friendly and helped us with anything we needed. Such as,( my daughter left her curlers on and remembered on our way to a Luau) she called from her cell and they took care of the problem. I popped a button on the back of my dress, the desk attendant sent me a kit to repair ASAP. We could not have asked for better service. The two bedroom suite was gorgeous, of course the beds were clean and slept wonderful! Mahalo, Hilton Grand Vacations!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family