We recently stayed in the Grand Waikikian for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. I traveled with wife and kids 6 and 9. The facility is big and it is commingled with other Hilton towers. At some point in time it felt a little crowded, specially at some times during the day where lots of people was checking in. We arrived early because we were flying from Seoul. They did not allow us to get to our room until 3:30 PM. But they gave us access to a Lounge, which it was very basic compared to others I have been. The staff was very professional and eventhough they offer timeshare acquisitions, they were not pushy nor irritating.
There are many dining options but it is better to call and make sure you can walk in. Many restaurants at walkable distance as well as cafe shops. There are small stores called ABC that sell absolutely everything and that's were I found healthy snack to take to my kids on the beach. Believe it or not there is a dairy queen as part of the complex as well. There was a breakfast buffet in one of the cafes close to the beach but only some days of the week.
My kids enjoyed the paddle board on the lagoon and also the slides at the pool. This is a family friendly hotel. They are small to take the surfing classes but may be next year. But there is so much to see in Oahu that we also visited other areas in the island - Hanauma Bay, Makapuu lighthouse trail, Pearl Harbor and off course Waiola Snow Cones !
Our room was in the twenty something floor and it was very quiet. The suite had kitchen, laundry and dryer. When traveling with kids that becomes handy. I recommend the Suites for the location, easy access to the beach and multiple pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations. Accommodations include one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian By Hilton Grand Vacations Hawaii/Honolulu