This Hotel is extremely beautiful and very classy. The rooms are fantastic - everything is brand new/modern, very spacious, and SO clean We had a one bedroom on the 28th floor mountain/city view. We were there as part of a timeshare exchange, but we only stayed for four days. Whenever we needed anything - especially clean towels, they were right there with them, at no charge. The only time we heard traffic was when we sat on our balcony, we were never disturbed while the sliding door was closed. We were treated to a nice little gift basket on our arrival for our honeymoon- really nice - above and beyond! Check in was a little slow - but extremely friendly. The valet and bellman were also very friendly. Improvements needed with concierge: two employees were very hard to approach and took time to "warm up" to us. When giving directions they acted as if we knew where we were, pointed, and rushed us along. And when I asked for opinions on restaurants for dinner - He abruptly pointed out the restaurant on site - which is probably a great restaurant, but I wanted personal/local advice and options. Then he handed me a magazine and said look at these restaurants. So I figured out our place to eat that night - and it turned out brilliant (might have to do a review on the Westin Surfrider restaurant!) For a snorkeling trip I was directed to a lovely young women at the inside office concierge - she was a doll - wish I got her name. So maybe go to the office concierge and not the concierge desks along the hallway?
The turtle snorkel trip was great! Right at the Hilton pier - great staff, and we got to see turtles. AND it's only a one and a half hour trip! Which is great for a quick little trip right off shore, doesn't take up the entire day.
Ok, read everyone elses reviews, it's a large resort. Lots of walking - its part of the Hilton Village. But close to a great little outdoor shopping area. The lagoon is freezing, couldn't get in, and the sand is really rough on the feet- but it's man made. Not enough Pools for the size of the resort and not enough chairs-the kind of hotel to get up early and get your chair. I abolutely refuse to do that. The Tapa pool was closed during our stay. Towels are awful!! Little little towels, and worn out. I think they should update these. And the one hot tub - close to the grand waikikian, closes at 7 PM - WAY too early!!!! That was a bummer.
The beach on the Hilton side is cramped - and they charge something like $36 for beach chairs and umbrellas. I would just go down a little past Tropics and sit on the beach there - seemed MUCH less crowded. Tropics - great apps and happy hour music/band!
I think this is not good for couples looking for romance- crammed up with families. Even in October. And I personally didn't enjoy Waikiki, especially on a honeymoon. Great to see the beach, diamond head, and have a great dinner and late night in the city, but one day/night was enough for me (I live in Philadelphia, I'm over the city vibe - but others look for that type of action with things at least being open late). Was easy to walk around - no choice, couldn't get a cab on the street! Great walkway along the beach from Hilton down past many properties, and lit up at night. And an awesome sunset - one of the best we were able to see. For a more relaxing time for couples I recommend the North Shore. We rented a car for a day and headed up there (about an hour drive) - it was amazing! And Pearl Harbor is very close also - the main reason we came to visit Oahu.
Overall - Not one complaint about the room - great accomodations! And most of the staff was extremely friendly!! Just decide if you want city atmosphere, lots of walking, and many families. The atmosphere of this hotel (Grand W) is certainly high end and classy! It's a shame they rely on the Hilton Village for ammenities - that's where things go down hill just a little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations. Accommodations include one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian By Hilton Grand Vacations Hawaii/Honolulu